Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Colour Options for Cagiva Super City 125
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Colour scheme please
Option 1 as first picture.....Lucky Explorer with Yellow Number Boards
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Option 2 as 2nd picture ....Lucky Explorer with White Number Boards
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Option 3.....Lucky "Strike" Non-PC correct Cigarette Advertising style as it should have been
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Option 4......Leave Metallic lush Green as the factory intended
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Option 5 - Why Am I reading this crap....its not a Bimota....
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

brian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
stockcar wrote:
not sure how well those fluffy pink lights will catch on........... Embarassed

Yeh...the inside of the headlight unit lens was a bit milky cloudy...fortunately the headlight bulb holder is old skool LARGE...so once you remove it you can actually get inside to clean up the lens.....I've been known to use artists paintbrushes in the past to remove cloudiness from the inside of units.....brushes with plastic handles that you can bend with heat to be bendable to reach all inside faces of the units

I did the same with the twin round headlights on my SB6. They were very foggy, but cleaned up like new
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4 #104, '96 Bimota SB6 #1165, ‘94 Bimota DB2 J #652, '99 Bimota DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, ‘94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, ‘61 BSA A10 650
brian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Lucky Strike girlie sticker, she’s held her age well Laughing
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4 #104, '96 Bimota SB6 #1165, ‘94 Bimota DB2 J #652, '99 Bimota DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, ‘94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, ‘61 BSA A10 650
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Looking great 2bims! Nice work on the hand cut stickers too. The mufflers came up really nice Cool

Its a new Plasticote paint I've been trying...Chrome plate finish...initially very impressed....No words on the can as regards heat proofness...so the test of time will tell...the end cans dont really get too hot on a two stroke anyhow

Cheers for the plaudits on the hand cut urinating boy sticker...it did take me friggin ages...but I managed to retain it as a one piece unit.....then stuck it on....I wouldn't have tried a second time

Last edited by 2bims on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
stockcar wrote:
not sure how well those fluffy pink lights will catch on........... Embarassed

Yeh...the inside of the headlight unit lens was a bit milky cloudy...fortunately the headlight bulb holder is old skool LARGE...so once you remove it you can actually get inside to clean up the lens.....I've been known to use artists paintbrushes in the past to remove cloudiness from the inside of units.....brushes with plastic handles that you can bend with heat to be bendable to reach all inside faces of the units

I did the same with the twin round headlights on my SB6. They were very foggy, but cleaned up like new

Yeh...I've done a few units...thinking it was ageing of the glass/Perspex lens...but no...just a build up of fogginess that doesnt clear without wiping it...The DB4 units are the hardest to do as theres only a small holes to access the sealed beam unit from one side only when the bulb is removed...hence using artists paint brushes which I heat with a hair drier to bend the plastic stems so I get better reach inside
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: