Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R running temperature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris27

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: SB8R running temperature Reply with quote

Hi all,

My bike seems to run colder than I would expect, typically at about 58 degrees centigrade. I've bled at the water pump and checked the level in the radiator, next step would be the thermostat but this is very inaccessible.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance.
wdm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat dependent on ambient temperature and the bike. I have a stock one that runs cool as yours does and another with moto corse twin Ti exhaust that runs much hotter. Not certain if there is any connection. Neither one likes to start cold as has been mentioned in other posts. Regardless once warmed up keep the rev's high. HTH, Enjoy!
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be running rich ?
SB8R Tuner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you are most likely getting a cooler temp on the gauge is the sensor for the temp gauge is mounted in the top of the RH radiator. The temp sensor for the ECU is mounted in the thermostat housing between the cylinders. The temp showing on the gauge made me think the same as yourself. I have the factory ECU tuning software and I did some data logging and found out the ECU temp showed around 80c while the gauge temp showed around 60c. As far as people complaining about the cold starting problems, if it is tuned with the factory ECU software they will start with NO problems! Plus they run a whole lot smoother!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: