Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 Rear brake master cylinder - PS12?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratos23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: DB1 Rear brake master cylinder - PS12? Reply with quote

Hello, I need to rebuild the rear brake master cyl on my DB1 and assume it's a std Brembo PS12 as on the F1 (12mm piston)? I have a rebuild kit here that I'd pre-emptively bought for my F1 (part#110279720) - but just wanted to confirm before I pull it apart (and thereby taking the DB1 off the road - which I hate!).

Can anyone out there confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

Greg
Quadrasuarass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rebuilt mine not that long ago. The piston diameter is 12.67mm - I have a couple so just measured up - suggesting the cylinder bore is 13mm (PS13?). I sent pics to Gowanlochs in Australia of all the bits and they advised there wasn't a replacement piston kit available at the time but the parts, apart from the seals, were in good condition so they sent me an alternative kit and suggested I just swap the seals out which worked for me.

The piston that came with the replacement kit had the seal grooves in a different pace to the ones on the bike so Gowies were right in that the whole of kit wouldn't have worked. From experience probably best to strip the master cylinder and see where you are at.

Also if you don't have a bleed kit I highly recommend one of these, best ~$30 I've spent. Best to undo the tie rod and swing the caliper to top dead centre to assist with removing air locks/bleeding.

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/certa-brake-bleeder-testing-kit/35287916?gclid=CjwKCAiAgbiQBhAHEiwAuQ6BklsFAUkHyEJZzmVnuSTrzGOFc5cZTUkZaFFHX_-OSDyUGfU3msAo_BoCh0cQAvD_BwE

All the best with the rebuild
Cheers for now
Nigel
stratos23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nigel - thanks for getting back to me on this and apologies for the delayed reply (for some reason I don't get a notification, so only just seen your response now).

Anyway, yes, the piston in the rebuild kit I have ear-marked for the F1 also measures 12.6mm so must be the same - what they call a PS12.

That gives me the confidence to pull the one off the DB1 apart. Normally, I'd rip straight into it, but postage is taking so ridiculously long at the moment that I have several bikes off the road all becuase I'm waiting for some stupid, incidental part to arrive from overseas. Some are are taking up to THREE MONTHS!! It's hopeless!

How's your DB1 coming along? is it back on the road yet? Love to see it some time. I see Steve Bridge has moved down closer to you which will be handy!

Thanks also for the bleed kit link. I've used these on the race car, but never needed to with a bike. As you say, you can easily detach the caliper and lift it up high so the air bleeds out.

If you want to get hold of me directly, just email me at get@gregwood.co.nz.

Cheers!

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: