Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

What to use from my Hypermotard for the DB 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesmoBo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: What to use from my Hypermotard for the DB 10 Reply with quote

Hey guys,
my name is Boris and after years of searching I was lucky and found my dream Bimota, a DB 10 Bimotard.
Actually, she is the protoype being built back then for the EICMA.
To make her run, I was thinking to use the entire electric of my old Hypermotard since she has the same engine. Do you think this would be a good idea to avoid all the trouble with the original Bimota electric. What would I have o use from the Hypermotard? Shall I use the entire wiring? Can I keep the BiMoTa speedometer?
Also, she never was registered, how is the situation in the UK with such a bike? In Germany it is nearly impossible to get her registered.
Thanks for any advice.
Best,
Boris
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to register in the uk...we have separate tests fir individual bikes....emission and noise tests....wiring loom and ecu main issues to swap...things like battery...reg rec will be in different places...so length of cabling may need modifying...clocks are koso rx2n....so wiring diagrams should be avaliable
DesmoBo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. I hope itīs ok if I reach out via pm for some details when I donīt get further.
glened

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boris,

Welcome to the club, I have a DB10. If I can be of any assistance I would be happy to help. I would use as much of your Hyper as you can, you could quite easily adapt the Hyper loom to fit the Bim. The Bimota uses an Athena ECU that is used on snow mobiles...my opinion is that it should have stayed on a snow mobile. I have spent considerable time and money trying to get it to run OK. I have now retired the Bim and will now only ride it for local journeys and Sunday best, it has now done 28k miles and I do not wish to load it with many more miles. As a bike I love it, there is not many bikes in my opinion can come close in terms of handling, well done in getting hold of one. I hope to get a KTM 890r for the bigger trips, however "baby Bim" will always be the bike to have.
DesmoBo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
Yeah, I read you are one fo the 33 who own one Very Happy
Crazy, 28000 miles. OK, then I will transplant ECU and wiring to the Bimota and donate the original one to some dude at the Northpole.
I ll share the progress here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: