Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Paioli RSU 46mm compression damping adjusters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quentino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Paioli RSU 46mm compression damping adjusters Reply with quote

Hi you lucky Bimota owners. Greetings from Melbourne Australia. Just joined your forum in the hope that someone here might be able to help me.

I'm trying to source a pair of compression damping adjusters for some RSU 46mm Paiolis I sourced for one of my Laverda SF custom builds. The forks I have are equipped with rebound damping only, no compression damping adjustment, no spring preload adjustment.

I've done loads of research and from what i can discern the forks are basically the same as those used on Bimots SB6, SB6R, SB7, Vdue and maybe others.

There is a company in Germany that offers beautiful upgrade kits for just about everything that moves inside these forks (and even stuff that doesn't!), and they have upgraded comp damping kits but at a price pretty much equivalent to what i paid for these complete forks (248 euro + 59 euro shipping to Australia). I would have to buy them without any guarantee that they would actually work as a retrofit and no right of return and I'm not keen on that idea. I'd also like to know how the forks perform generally before I commit huge dollars to them.

So, if anyone can help me out, has parts from old or damaged forks they can sell at a fair price, or even offer advice, please reply here or PM me (assuming there is a facility to send personal messages?). I have pics I can post, but not sure how to do that in this forum - which is very new to me. Can anyone point me to info on posting small-file images.

Mille grazier in advance,
Quentino

Had a crack at the Postimage site

Last edited by Quentino on Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you written or emailed paioli themselves in italy?
https://paioli.it/en/
Quentino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. First thing I did. I even wrote it in italiano! I think I contacted them before (in English) when i got the forks but got no reply.

We'll see what happens ...
icezeit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Quentino,
I have good experience with Rudolf Graf of Bimota-Parts.de. I think it is the German company you mentioned. He earlier did an aluminium steering stem for my DB1. I also had my Paioli RSU46 rebuilt, updated and pre-adjusted to bike and my weight by him.
I can say that he is very interested in delivering perfect quality and also did so. He requested several details of me, my bike and the purpose to assure the best result. The forks had the complete update with DLC coating, Öhlins internals and Graf adjusters since it should be used on the track. Unfortunately I was not able to test them since the project is not finished yet.
It was a similar situation. I had bought the forks cheap (good condition but not suiting my needs) and put in more money afterwards but I am so far happy with the result.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second rudolf....and his work and parts...
Quentino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudolf's stuff looks absolutely first class. And yes, I've been in contact with him and will definitely engage him if I can establish that this model of 46 RSUs are suited to a straight retrofit of the comp damping adjusters. I just can't outlay the money if it's a dead end and i'm left with a pair of adjusters I can't use. That's why I'm initially hoping to source some std adjusters from damaged forks that are only good for parts.

If I'm unsuccessful I may end up having to set them up as best I can and ride the bike with the forks as they are and seeing if they are up to the task.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: