Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB 10 / KOSO clock question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject: DB 10 / KOSO clock question Reply with quote

While Baby Bim is off the road undergoing some small tweeks to the wiring and air box. I have noticed that the Koso clock lens is showing some evidence of "fogging" on the inside. I have had the clocks apart two years ago and lubricated the rubber seal with a silicone grease as I didn't wish to seal the clocks with sealant in case I need to gain access to them again. I am looking for hints and ideas on what would be the best course of action to seal the clock from moisture ingression. Your comments and suggestions would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small grain of unboiled rice placed behind the perspex lens....OR....one of those silica gel tebags that often turns up in strange parcels....hidden inside somewhere...But..Genuinely....a line of black sealant around the casing where they join is best....mask off either side around the casing first....then apply and smooth down and pull off masking..>AFTER its dried...its easy enough to Stan the Knife thru it later if needed.....Decondenser and heater in Man Cave is the first cure.....And...when you ride the bike in summer it wil dissappear..I'm afriad its just another victim of Lockdown...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: