Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Furano wiring and manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rOLLI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Furano wiring and manual Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm searching for the FURANO Wiring diagram. And a Owners and Maintainance Manual. Somewhere available ?

Kind regards Roland
HP4, NineT Racer, R100GS, R80ST, R71
RD350
Daytona 675R
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put some feelers out Roli....but dont hold your breath too long...only 224 of them were made....and..unfortunately my "lead source" for Bimota Parts doesnt have any Furano wheels .....and my other reaches out via facebook have drawn no owners of the wheels either....
rOLLI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, I know. Interesting : There is a SB6 in Austria for sale, which has the furano wheels installed Wink

Thanks a lot so far.
RD350
Daytona 675R
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a Db2 in Hollande at Galleria Bimota with the Furano wheels also....I cant even find you an owners manual or workshop manual etc etc...but I will post up on FB again
Andrew034

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find some original data, I'd love to see a copy.

So far I've use first principles...

The Furano appears to have 2 wiring looms. As best I can tell the full original Yamaha FZR1000 EXUP loom is present to control the lights, ignition and EXUP servo.

Then a second loom has been added to control the Webber Marelli system to modulate the fuel flow.

So when I've needed to trace core bike wires I've simply used the Yamaha resources to confirm wire colours and block sequences. Note; even though the bike is from 1992, my Furano has an engine from 1990 (and this is the original unit), so I have assumed the donor parts are also from 1990 when looking up Yamaha wiring (and so far this has worked well).

For Webber stuff, since it all terminates at the ECU, I have picked signals there and there are plenty of online resourced to show the P7 pin-out sequences. Further there are also some excellent Moto Guzzi manuals for testing the ECU components.

Do you have a specific issue?

Andrew...

PS they only made 152 Furano's
rOLLI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,
nothing specific. I usually like to have documents, whenever something comes up.
All these "plenty of online resourced to show the P7 pin-out" would be interessting. Perhaps I use the wrong search method ... Could you help ?

AND : There is an "open" connector next to the ECU, called "Display". What is this used for ?
kind regards roland
RD350
Daytona 675R
Andrew034

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll find an excellent resource for a Moto Guzzi here (https://dpguzzi.com/efiman.pdf). This covers pretty much all about the fuel injection system.

The connector you refer to should be the diagnostic connector (on my bike it is a 6-pin connector - with not all points having a wire).

The diagnostic unit is a "flashing light" you'll see info on the codes in the Moto Guzzi article.

I made a box with the flashing light using a Moto Guzzi wiring diagram as a guide as some models of Moto Guzzi have the units built in. That said, it flashes and reading it is very difficult when I say disconnect a sensor to deliberately cause an error.

Therefore the excellent testing info in the article is where I will go if I have an issue one day.

Andrew...
rOLLI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew, thanks a lot. This PDF is "gold".

I already read the document. A need for a furano owner.

Roland
RD350
Daytona 675R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: