Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1992 Tesi on BaT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject: 1992 Tesi on BaT Reply with quote

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bimota-tesi-1d-904sr/

It would be great to have our esteemed experts chime in on the auction!
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Speedmade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor thing. It's been sitting since new and never been run. It will require a complete service before you could run it.
There are several Tesi 1D sitting in the USA that trade hands but never run because no one wants to pay the huge bill for the service
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedmade wrote:
Poor thing. It's been sitting since new and never been run. It will require a complete service before you could run it.
There are several Tesi 1D sitting in the USA that trade hands but never run because no one wants to pay the huge bill for the service

Although it wouldnt bother me.....a lot of owners or potential buyers see the "value" or worth as being zero miles never run.....for me....gas it and run it...well...after all the usual checks and recommissioning costs that is....strange its for sale so soon.....it only sold last year in France on ebay....reached about £20K.....with all the spares as stated...and...there was a large watercolour original artwork painting with the sale also.....must be still in France or on some Americans wall....

Nice bike....needs riding though
Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if it is offensive....

the zero mile thing is SUCH a boomer trait.
They just want to sit quietly and look at their "investments"

I honestly think the newer generation of collectors is REALLY starting to look down on those vehicles.

In the same way the market moved away from over restored muscle cars in favor of survivors.
polyesterpig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sitting this long, getting it road worth, how difficult is it to change the belts? I heard it is pretty involved. On my DB4 it is pretty easy.
2010 Ducati Hypermotard evo SP
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosto
brian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:

I honestly think the newer generation of collectors is REALLY starting to look down on those vehicles.

In the same way the market moved away from over restored muscle cars in favor of survivors.

Each to his own I say.... I wouldn’t do it but I can understand the interest in a brand new 0 mile bike. Out of the many many bikes I’ve owned, only 2 of them were bought new. I do enjoy ‘looking’ at my bikes, but also enjoy riding them
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

polyesterpig wrote:
For sitting this long, getting it road worth, how difficult is it to change the belts? I heard it is pretty involved. On my DB4 it is pretty easy.

I heard that the frame plates have to come off?

On my Ducatis, the belt change is hilariously easy.
Makes you wonder what all those people on forums are talking about when quoting silly dealer prices and hours of work.
Bud977

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Each to his own I say.... I wouldn’t do it but I can understand the interest in a brand new 0 mile bike. Out of the many many bikes I’ve owned, only 2 of them were bought new. I do enjoy ‘looking’ at my bikes, but also enjoy riding them

I just bought a Suzuki RF900 with 2km on the clock. It was an opportunity I couldn't miss as it was the right price and I know it has been sitting in a lounge room it's whole life. Never a bike I had any interest in, but now that I've got it, I just like looking at it. It's in such amazing condition for a 24 year old bike. It's a real time warp and museum piece. I can now see the appeal of a NOS bike.

I'm in the process of re=commissioning it. Finishing cleaning the carbs in the next few days. The main problem is the tank latch is stuck due to corrosion so I can't gt the tank open. Apparently a common Suzuki thing. I will work on that slowly and just run it on an auxiliary tank until I sort the main tank.

Will I ride this bike? Probably not. It won't be much different to my FZ1 and won't offer any new riding experiences so I'll leave it as a time warp 0km bike.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:
polyesterpig wrote:

Makes you wonder what all those people on forums are talking about when quoting silly dealer prices and hours of work.

To put a new battery in.....As I presume it will need one...you have to take the battery box out with the old one insitu.....bit like on a Db1....But...to do this on a Tesi1D...you need to take the RHS Omega plate off....so you may as well strip the whole bike and do everything...new fuel lines.....bearings....etc etc etc....as the omega plates hols the swingarms in place....so its wheels off....brakes off....omega plate off and swingarms dangling around...just for the battery...
brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
brian wrote:

I just bought a Suzuki RF900 with 2km on the clock. It was an opportunity I couldn't miss as it was the right price and I know it has been sitting in a lounge room it's whole life. Never a bike I had any interest in, but now that I've got it, I just like looking at it. It's in such amazing condition for a 24 year old bike. It's a real time warp and museum piece. I can now see the appeal of a NOS bike.

I'm in the process of re=commissioning it. Finishing cleaning the carbs in the next few days. The main problem is the tank latch is stuck due to corrosion so I can't gt the tank open. Apparently a common Suzuki thing. I will work on that slowly and just run it on an auxiliary tank until I sort the main tank.

Will I ride this bike? Probably not. It won't be much different to my FZ1 and won't offer any new riding experiences so I'll leave it as a time warp 0km bike.

Wow that’s pretty cool Bud! A nice addition to the stable and definitely a conversation starter
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Jaguar wrote:
polyesterpig wrote:

To put a new battery in.....As I presume it will need one...you have to take the battery box out with the old one insitu.....bit like on a Db1....But...to do this on a Tesi1D...you need to take the RHS Omega plate off....so you may as well strip the whole bike and do everything...new fuel lines.....bearings....etc etc etc....as the omega plates hols the swingarms in place....so its wheels off....brakes off....omega plate off and swingarms dangling around...just for the battery...

Haha that’s SO Bimota isn’t it. Battery is nackered.... time for a complete rebuild on the bike. The way that I go through batteries, I’d be rebuilding the bike before every ride
atomibart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
To change the battery on a Tesi 1D you just need to remove the fairing as the battery box is outside the frame plates. But removing a Bimota' fairing is never simple.

But to change the engine belts...yes it will require a complete strip of the bike...frame plates, wheels, swing arms. A lot of work hours and more complicated to put back together than to dismount...

Cheers
atomibart
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold".......it went for 76000 USD

I bet the seller will be happy and is in line with the 56000 euros for the Tesi 1dsr on the Italian site

....although that one is VIN no 1 of that production run, as the seller told me

With Bitcoin at 35000 gbp and Lockdown No3 just announced....the world is going in a unpredictable direction

Have a good 2021

Regards
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Tesi service Reply with quote

I'm in the process of finishing off a service on my 1D pain in the arse but at least I can ride her when I'm done. You don't have to strip the whole bike, just the front end and one side plate.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:

I don't think that the case. Argument here is that anything can be original only once. Hence survivors are more desirable than those vehicles that lost their originality due to restoration.

Virtually zero mile original (not restored) vehicles are doing gangbusters on Bring A Trailer.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: