Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

sb6r instruments problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon@bullstrategic.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: sb6r instruments problem Reply with quote

The Rev counter has gone bonkers. It still works 'sort of!' but when the bike is doing about 2000rpm the needle hovers around the 10,000 mark. It still goes up and down a bit and remains there when the ignition is turned off. As soon as I turn it on again I hear the usual whirring noise and it re-sets itself back to 0 rpm, then within a mile or two it gradually works its way to up near the red line (when I'm doing 60mph, in top gear).
Anybody got a solution, one guy suggested the needle would be loose, but its not, I've prised open the unit and I can push the needle below zero but lots of resistance and can push it beyond 14500 rpm, but its still quite stiff.
I think it could be the electric step motor that drives the needle (can you buy them?) or it could be the sensor that picks up info/rpm from the engine, any idea where or what that is that is? or any other solutions. Or has anybody got a spare set for sale?
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: 6r clocks Reply with quote

These clocks are not well engineered. Your immediate problem, as you have identified, is likely to be the stepper motor. I have replaced this and in no time it was not working again. The answer is either to live without the rev counter or install a set of after-market clocks - Koso work well and were adopted by Bimota for later models.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - the clocks on these are reaching the end of their lifespan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: