Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

cush drive DB7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: cush drive DB7 Reply with quote

need the part that bolts to the wheel and the holds the rubber bushings. For a 2009 DB7
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cush drive assembly that holds the sprocket?.....bushes of cush drive rubbers and collats are usually in the wheel....Do you have the spare parts catalogue as that identifies the part numbers for the part numbers you need....and it would make your "needs" clearer
Number2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the workshop manual it is referred to as a Flange and bolts to the rear wheel with 6 bolts. It holds the rubber bushings for the sprocket assembly. I do not have a parts manual so no part number
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could email you through a copy for free...I also have the Workshop manual and owners manual on pdf format......So....its the cush drive assembly then...….parts manual if it began with a 5 as the first number then it means its "bimota specific"....and as such the factory.....write to Maria Eleanor Rozier who orders parts from suppliers....or if you want to pay 3x the price contact Paolo Girotti of Bimota Classic PArts in Italy......if the part number doesnt begin with a 5 it means its not Bimota specific and could be from other suppliers.....what wheels does your bike have?....brembo superlights? Also used on KTMs and Aprilia Mille R road bikes...so maybe same part
Number2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really appreciate the help. My email is george.gardner@gmx.com and if you could send the parts manual it would be great.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do George....hopefully 2mrw....as ruddy virgin media has been down all day....presumably mr. Brandson has forgot to pay the bill....now none of his planes are flying...
Number2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy very funny
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number2 wrote:
Very Happy very funny

Apologies......unless you are on Facebook and signed up to the Bimota UK Facebook page....where I have uploaded for free download many hundreds of Bimota slaes brochures, spare parts manuals, and workshop manuals and Owners Handbooks....but

.....My Ruddy crappy VirginMedia Email account is "down" and not available...I cant get into it...see if anyones sent me anything....reply to anyone or send anyone ruddy crappy anything...and they say..."Soz….dont know whats wrong....could be 5-7 Working Days before we can fix it...."...and its Now Saturday....Shite.....Ruddy Branson must be trimming his sails....
Number2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not on facebook but it's noit a hurry
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the 2 pages you need

and no....I wont be uploading all the images from the manuals on here....it takes friggin ages
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the parts you need begin with a 5 and so are Bimota specific.....other than the cush drive rubbers
Number2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is number 14 and Bob at Bimota Spirit tried to get it for me. The Factory said they don't have it
Number2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I will be visiting a machine shop since no one has one. Oh well
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it will be an expensive 1 off piece to have made. Curious as to why you need one, Did yours get damaged?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Number2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure why the spot where the bearing sits has worn, is pitted and corroded and the bearing no longer fits tightly. I can remove it by hand. The same thing happened to the spot on the wheel bearing. I can only guess someone tried to press in new bearings and screwed it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: