Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

EICMA 2019......my part in the SHOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little French village after little French village rolls on by as we climb heading for the Swiss Alps....Tunnels, cheese and triangular chocolate

Zoom on in Boy......THis is where I want to live...Might be hard getting the bims up the hill though

SNOW...….

Werthers Original TOffees….and Mountains and Snow

LAKE>…...Not sure which one...Lucerne?

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fags, Fuel, French Baguettes, and Faffing around the gents toilet time...

Perhaps one of the most dramatic backdrops of a filling station I've ever seen.....

And on we go and on we go....HEading south for Italia

Night creeping in but we must continue...we have Hot dinner dates at El Dollaro

Roadworks....Not quite the same as in the UK....

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previously taken "glimpse" of our 2nd nights Accommodation..."VILLA Lorenzo"....We wanted to stay in" Villa Marquez" or "Villa Rossi".

....but both had shut down...

So...Villa Lorenzo it wa...in our favourite city/town/village/One horse town....and the horse died and was turned into glue and boot polish many years ago.....

Well...Its 8.15am.....Here typing...So that means its croissant time....and I need to buy more butter...More later....
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot croissants are all buttered up nicely.....helps to grease my tappy tappy fingers for the keyboard as I was along lyrically with the "story"

The "frontage" of Villa Lorenzo.....the old chateau in the middle of the village...still lived in....and it seems only kept open for me and gav to stay in each time we visit.....electric gates for private secure parking.....and electric remote key fob given out also.....Same rooms....each of our 3 stays there...Actually sleep well here.....Familiarity doesnt breed contempt.....familiarity is bliss

Window with shutters top right is my room....yes...complete with red lighting....as per my request for the "Baroque Bordello Room"....just one of the windows of the palatial bedrooms....you can swing ten cats on a 20m tow rope inside these rooms.....and thats just the en-suites....

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le tabac…..yup...French....Me no speako italiano….right opposite my bedroom window.....I can shout down and they'll throw up Camel Lights upon request....I never like to be too far away from my nearest coffee/packet of fags....

So....we throw the bags in our rooms....and make out to our closest and only bar/restaurant for food and beers

Taking in Road signs as we walk the ponderous uphill of some 30 yards

We take care not to get knocked down by the mother and child doing a Ussaine Bolt run to the school.....Must be late....pigtails flowing...."valise" in hands....Mother and Daughter....Very "non PC".....mother taking daughter to school

We wend our way past the two hand carved Granite "phalluses" ...I use inverted commas...as they are clearly Penises....or is that Penii?.and not "penis like"....they are 2 giant cocks....leading the way to El Dollaro for 2 other giant cocks hungry for beers and food and banter...…

Tops of cocks seem to be smoothed down by many hundreds of years of rubbing and touching for "good luck".....or somesuch....

Clearly there was a murder at some time here...chalk line still evifent...as you could hardly say it "defines" a footpath...if you look at the width further up.....Wheelchair friendly it is not....

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on...PAst the old decaying central Mansion/Mayors residence...now way past defunct but with charm....Apparently used to be a hospital during WWII....

Romeo Romeo...Wherefore out though?

Plenty of evidence of skilled Italian craftsmanship in the hand carved oak doors and hewn from Rock porticos and sculpting and balconies and cast iron railings...clearly the land of Bimota hand crafted beauties....Less could be sad of the Man from Madchester.....and the Jock fro Glasgae….

And we turn....THe one and only corner....after leaving the Hotel....To the Grand square and the "Hospital" from WWII...locals tell its for sale....3million Euros.....because we're from Britain...and they think we've brought our gold with us to revive the village.....30 Euros to anyone else I think....

The final corner.....I can almost smell the oak burning in the wood fired clay pizza oven....I can almost here the chinking of beer glasses as the locals cheer for some Italian that nearly scored a goal on Live TV screenings

Il Dollaro…..For everything thats Italian and food and beer

translation please.....I know Salami....and Pizza...and Cheese...and apparently an "internal Garden".....Well...I've heard some things called that before....that I've eaten from....

We wait...we wait....We try to talk to strangers.....They try to communicate back...…"è lunedì ... tutto è chiuso idioti" …...We take it..."Later" is their meaning...>Then...."Non aperto"....Know I know that Non Abierto is Spanish for "not Open"...and Serrado or Cerrado is Shut.....Shite......Its shut....EVERYTHING is shut on Mondays.....Lundei is Monday...Lundis is French for Monday.....Shit......We're both Hank and Lee Marvin.....even the Harley Davidson Café is shut......So...Plan "C"...back to Lorenzo and ask nice man..."where the frig can we get food?"

More later.....
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...thanks 2Bims for adding images....much appreciated

The middle waitress was just over 1 metre tall and could walk under the bar flap entrance without lifting it up.

That last section was a lie..........but she was small in stature but big in personality

The show day involved baby food breakfast and getting presentable for the show.

We had been given a straight through pass allowing no queuing or standing with the masses.

This made arrival a doddle but not qeueing meant not paying attention and on departure we got lost!

Once in the show 2Bims picks up every sticker and logo going for his bike strayer/ vinyl wrap guy to use for reference.

He also likes to take a picture or two.

More to follow

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...there will be more to follow...pictures all uploaded to imgur...the show that wasnt the show....and the show that was the reason for doing a 2200mile return road trip...later...easter egg run time....prodding up the supercity....young young...crackle
brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos... not seen a single motorcycle yet though Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Great photos... not seen a single motorcycle yet though Rolling Eyes

The girlies were nice though, I like em short
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh....I’m sure there will be photos of bikes and girls.

2Bims and his camera were never in sleep mode.....always snapping images.

One unusual fact .....out of ALL the motorcycle manufactures...only Kawasaki were female model free.

I don’t know if it was a cultural thing or because of the Bimotay announcement or whatever......no...none..

Not a sign of a model..male or female on the stand......just bikes, engines and then...Bimota

Whereas, as I’m sure 2Bims will show....the other stands were spilling over with girls and Lycra.

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you’ve got my attention Gav..... bikes and girls in lycra.

2bims..... come back!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Ok, you’ve got my attention Gav..... bikes and girls in lycra.

2bims..... come back!

Theyre coming Brian...theyre coming.....girls spilling out of lyrcra…..and full overflow.....Every stand....and yes...except for Kawasaki.....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
Ohhhh....I’m sure there will be photos of bikes and girls.

2Bims and his camera were never in sleep mode.....always snapping images.

One unusual fact .....out of ALL the motorcycle manufactures...only Kawasaki were female model free.

I don’t know if it was a cultural thing or because of the Bimotay announcement or whatever......no...none..

Not a sign of a model..male or female on the stand......just bikes, engines and then...Bimota

Whereas, as I’m sure 2Bims will show....the other stands were spilling over with girls and Lycra.

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

"Sleep Mode"....will get plenty of that when I'm dead....Of course I wasnt always "snapping away"...I was on a constant task of providing nourishment and fluids to the driver....whilst speeding along en route....as well as "banter" to keep ourselves occupied....Not even aware if the car or vans we've been in have had radios or 8 track cartridge players...as none have been switched on during any of our journies…...ANd then of course theres toilet and fag breaks....I dont snap when I have hands busy...food also...pointless snapping away when theres food in front of me....I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than take pictures like those who've had a frontal lobotomy....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one for BRian to be going on with....Never mind the ride thats under....just imagine being the ride from down under....(Hope you like the Aussie connotation …..Thought hard about this one....mixing sexual innuendo with bikes and linking to a Continent)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: