Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

I thought I'd better say...my story
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE March 2022......

The DB11VLX made its UK public appearance at the Manchester show Jan 2022....hosted by 2Bims.

It took its place along side some other one off Bimota models and all looked pretty good to be fair.

After the show the bike was aken to Peterborough for full shakedown and recommissioning at a trusted and established engineering and performance shop.

They got the bike to run after checking everything over and stuck it on an initial slow run on the DYNO.

Mainly to check AFR and other basic points ....good thing they did...they found and malfunctioning front spark plug and a dodgy injector.

The injector probably caused the sparkplug issues buut all was tied up and buttened back down before being sent to Track Electronics in Norwich.

Track Electronics are on the same trading estate as the UK sole Bimota Importer!

Its like a story with a full circle in it! Anyway......Track Electronics are charged to carry out loom checks and wire in the AIM dash as supplied by the Bimota factory......so slowly it is coming together.

Remember...the Bimota factory robbed the VLX bike of its Ohlins shock and the fancy dash before sticking on a ETREME shock and a KOSO dash from another model. I know that there are least 2 half looms going from sensors to the dash.....good old Bimota...making engineers and therapists happy for years on end.

After the dash it will be back home before going back to Peterborough after the race season has ended for the ECU and injector issue.

BSD Performance are well versed in opening a ECU and trying to (and mainly) achieving very good results by reflashing and including addition sensors and 'new' continual sensing devices which were not available 10 years ago!

They have done this on my other bikes ....so I know it works.

I reckon the DB11VLX will be returned to its full potentional by Oct this year.........it will be a bit of a beast!

thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Gavin, good luck getting it sorted. Pity i couldn't get to see it in the flesh in Manchester Sad
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH.............it was there ...in the flesh.

I was only there on Sat and a bit of Sunday...but the VLX was there in all of its glory.

2Bims probably has photograghs....where have I heard that before!

thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
TVRRICH.............it was there ...in the flesh.

I was only there on Sat and a bit of Sunday...but the VLX was there in all of its glory.

2Bims probably has photograghs....where have I heard that before!

thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

And...if only I could remember my password to log into my photo sharing account....since buying a new laptop....I cant for christs sake even recall which hosting site I used to use?....
phil-short

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...if only I could remember my password to log into my photo sharing account....since buying a new laptop....I cant for christs sake even recall which hosting site I used to use?....[/quote]

You use imgur I believe......

I use postimage.org

Here is what I remembered seeing a while back! http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=56718#56718
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...lets see then...if I can log in....at least IMGUR rings a bell...
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil-short wrote:
And...if only I could remember my password to log into my photo sharing account....since buying a new laptop....I cant for christs sake even recall which hosting site I used to use?....

You use imgur I believe......

I use postimage.org

Here is what I remembered seeing a while back! http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=56718#56718[/quote]

cheers Phil...Imgur it is...I'll upload pictures under the "members events" when I find where I've stored them on my laptop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: