Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

dating evidence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: dating evidence Reply with quote

can anyone help please, I have purchased a 1992 Bimota YB8El Furano from an auction in the UK, the bike has not been UK registered, I have sent the forms to the DVLA and they have sent them back requesting dating evidence from a reliable source (e.g. vehicle owners or enthusiasts club).
if anyone can help please contact me
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way of "exactly" knowing when it was first manufactured if theres no previous owner registration documents around.....1992/1993 is the correct period with this link to the Swiss Bimota register which also has bikes from around the globe on it

http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_yb_en.html

in the 1990's Bimota didn't put a reference code on the chassis numbers giving year of manufacture...this only followed up in the late 1990's with the Vdue and others....

Is your YB8 Furano on there?....THeres also the 2 reference "bimota Bibles" that inform of the 152 No. furanos that were made....they were manufactured in 1992/1993

Send them copies of those....as there is "no Bimota club"...your frame number may well be "higher" than 152 as the same frames were made also for the YB10...the YB8 Evo and the YB8 carbie as well as the YB8 Furano
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the "club" by the way.....was this sold at Bonhams auction in Stafford a few months ago?

Picture of "bible" and the page relating to the Furano

kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: YB8 Furano Reply with quote

yes this is the same one, what a job to try and get it registered, I have the frame number and engine number, print outs from the auction with lots of details but still not good enough for DVLA. can you point me in the right direction please.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to send them these things....presumably the "NOVA" has been done and tax paid on import....Bonhams were adding 20% VAT on sales prices as the BImotas for sale were classified as "new MEans of Transport" because they had less than 6,000kms on the clocks......and no previous rego documents showing that if registered in the EU ay anytime it could be assumed that VAT had been paid within the EU.....I disagreed with Bonhams interpretation so didn't bid on any of the bimotas they had up for sale.

Those pages "should" be sufficient to show the age for a reg plate....IF 20% VAT has been paid though it could be registered on a new 2020 plate...as its been classed as a "new means of Transport" under HMRC guidelines

print those pages off....reapply...BUT put a covering note...photo of bike and the pages and email address and beg them to phone if theres an issue...they seem recently to be just rejecting if any particular "box" cant be ticked.....bare in mind they will have no knowledge of bikes let alone Bimotas.....you could also enrol your frame number in the swiss bimota register by emailing Manuel Nunez who is the chairman of the Swiss Bimota club.....you didn't answer if your frame number was already listed on there....

You could get a dating certificate from the VJMC for the engine number with it being a Yamaha unit....but that doesnt really matter for the DVLA.....
kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: date evidence Reply with quote

morning, thanks for your reply and help it is much appreciated. I did send in a copy of all the auction details but it didn't help, I also looked on the frame number list but unfortunately its not there. I didn't want to register it as a new bike I was hoping to get a 1992 as the plate would match the bike.
I will keep on looking for a hopeful answer, once again thank you
kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: date evidence Reply with quote

morning, thanks for your reply and help it is much appreciated. I did send in a copy of all the auction details but it didn't help, I also looked on the frame number list but unfortunately its not there. I didn't want to register it as a new bike I was hoping to get a 1992 as the plate would match the bike.
I will keep on looking for a hopeful answer, once again thank you
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Kevin....read the messages.....email Manuel Nunez...he speaks and reads and writes perfect English and get him to add your frame number onto the register....he is a "Club" and chairman of the club....then you can send that link or print the page to the DVLA....with the photo of the book...That is really all you need and all youre going to get....so you should try that....thats What I've done before and DVLA have accepted it....if they refuse you have to phone and ask for a manager they have certain people that work there that understand and know the issues...and dont just flat reject because some box cant be ticked......its really a case of being able to speak to someone there....I had one bike refused 3 times until I got a particular persons name that I sent it to within DVLA and then spoke to them on the phone and had direct email contact also.....Dont give up yet....as theres no one else trying to help...and there wont be....
KateHartley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject: 7dollaressays Reply with quote

Good day, there! This post was helpful. Also, I do know one of the cheapest essay writing services available online, and they provide research paper writing help as well. If you ever got stuck, you can find these helpful!
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spammer...get yourself out of here...
polyesterpig

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought California was a nightmare to register out of state bikes.
2010 Ducati Hypermotard evo SP
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosto
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: dating evidence Reply with quote

As the VMCC rep for Bimotas I sent Kevin at the top of the post a completed dating document I put together. He never said if he got it registered and seems to have disappeared? Mad
SelmaAdam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not good enough for DVLA.What was Kevin meaning with this.Anyone please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: