Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB7 wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: DB7 wheels Reply with quote

I know BST makes wheels for the DB7 but don't know of any other company. Does anyone know of any
?
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Dymag might do as they cover most Bimota's.
However what is the reason to replace them ? I know someone that replaced standard DB7/8 wheels with BST's to find the only thing lighter was his wallet as the BST's and forged DB7 wheels were near as damn it the same weight !!!
Number2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
I guess Dymag might do as they cover most Bimota's.
However what is the reason to replace them ? I know someone that replaced standard DB7/8 wheels with BST's to find the only thing lighter was his wallet as the BST's and forged DB7 wheels were near as damn it the same weight !!!

Seriously doubt the stock wheel is as light, but the reason is the the wheel bearing will not remain in place. For some reason the spaces which hold the bearings are wore allowing the bearings to wobble and move around. I had one bearing disintegrate while riding.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not weighed them myself but I know the DB7 owner was well pissed off when he found his £3k had saved him grams not kilo's as he expected.
Number2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dymag does not make any wheels for the DB7. It seems like the 5 spoke BST wheels are the only make available and they are not to my taste. I was able to use the original wheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: