Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Hoses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Hoses Reply with quote

Unfortunately the service is taking longer than I hoped. Done the belts and having had to dismantle half the bike to gain access I have got for the most part it back together again.

However as I have it apart I figured as the rad hoses were looking a tad old I would replace them with silicon hoses. The question is if I buy a Duke 851 premade kit, will it have all the hoses and will they fit the Tess, or should I just measure up the existing hoses and buy a load of hose and cut it to fit myself. I am worried that where there are bends that the hose will kink. Anyone been down this road.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone that started going down that road.....and because of certain placements of engine omega plates....special hoses were needed for some places also....You may even find it difficult to find 851 hoses...when VW/Audi bought Ducati...they upgraded the computer spare parts sytems...and nothing prior to the year 2000 is listed on any of the systems anymore....Dont ever assume with a Bimota...maybe even the radiator is different...with outlets and inlets in different positions....So i'd start there and check the rad to see....Someone tried replacing a rad on a DB7 thinking Oh yeh..>Ducati 1098 radiator...Nope...different locations and feeds meaning different bends and lengths
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the Spare parts manual for the bike...look in there...Bimota used Ducati part numbers in the book if it was a Ducati part....Do you have the Spare parts manual?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its "Tav20" you want on the spare parts manual and the following page gives you the code numbers

good news...Bad news....Good news is the link to the spare parts booklet is below....bad news its BCP's website and he has it linked to some horrendous cheap hosting site so its clunky and with pop ups and is steam powered...

Good News bad news

The part numbers are there, parts 16, 18, 20, 21 and 22 are rubber hoses
Bad news - the part numbers all start with 5...which means they are Bimota specific made to order and thus NOT Ducati 851 parts....as is the radiator...it also is NOT a ducati 851 part..

Good news??...they are only very short straight links...and 2 with a 90 degree bend so you should be able to find some 90 degree bend lengths available in the right diameter and just cut them to fit

https://www.sfogliami.it/flip.asp?sc=424peqo8byfamq49ustpu009dbnh325d&ID=117619#page/55
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a Tesi 1 I can assure you that ALL the coolant hoses are Bimota specific.
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: thanks guys Reply with quote

thanks guys I guess I will remeasure and sit down in front of the cimputer
atomibart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bimotaboy,
I too considered already changing the old coolant hoses of my Tesi 1 for silicone ones.
So your work could interest me and if I can be of any help...

Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: thanks guys Reply with quote

BimotaBoy wrote:
thanks guys I guess I will remeasure and sit down in front of the cimputer

If you are fitting a new battery....do this now also...the bike has to be stripped to get at the battery box and remove it at the same time to get the battery out
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: battery Reply with quote

actually you dont need to strip the bike to get to the battery just remove one panel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: