Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Christmas Ride

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Christmas Ride Reply with quote

Merry Christmas everyone! Took a morning ride to the local bike hangout and... was practically the only one there Laughing

2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
DB1 860

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know its sad... but make the most of it the crowds will come... along with the police and the Sunday drivers.

Here in Oz we have double demerits over the Christmas/new year break so you can lose your licence over one offence... add the heat wave about to start... I'm staying home and using the family pool.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ROck Store....I've heard of that place and seen it on the TV a few times...but never with just one bike outside....has it shut down?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was closed for Christmas day. Stopped by there Sunday and it was in full swing. For many it was the last ride of the year. I am hoping to squeeze off a short ride Tuesday morning. The only bad part of riding there on cold mornings is going through the twisties with cold tires Sad
2004 BMW R11S BCR
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a long ride back in June of 2019. Pity I work too much now though. On this ride, I went over the Angeles Crest Hwy., stopped Newcomb's Ranch (going and coming), popped through the San Fernando Valley and up to Mullholland Hwy., then up to The Rock Store.

I hadn't been there for literally 10 years or so. It hasn't changed much. There were a half dozen bikes or so. I stopped for lunch, visited with Vern (half of the original owners, Ed and Vern) who still remembered me from when I started riding up there at 19 (55 now). She must be in her 80's or 90's but still sharp. I think Ed might have passed but I couldn't ask.

It is a neat place to visit on off days. I used to ride on Wednesdays and Saturdays and rode the canyons (Encinal, Latigo, Kanan Dume, Stunt, Las Virgenes, Decker, etc.) with people like John Cordona (Fours & More), Jay Leno (after he had done two (2) Tonight Show appearances I think) and a few others I can't recall but whom were either racers or in the industry. It was an interesting time in the 80's and a who's-who of the burgeoning motorcycle and racing industry. I also would bump into Gerald Wiegert of Vector Supercar fame from time to time doing testing. Exciting Times I tell you!

I'll get some pics of the ride up in a bit. Nice to hear from you TF. We need to meet up again for another ride but somewhere other than PI perhaps.

Edit: 1 pic.

Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ride Quikduk! Jut in that ride alone I think you covered more than 50% of best canyon roads in Southern Cal. Give me a holler time you are planning to ride out to RS as I am very close to Topanga and Mulholland. Great pic of the DB6. Another friend rides a DB4, if all three of us can come together it will be like a Bimota convention at the RS Wink Wink

Ed passed away about 8 years ago:
http://www.malibutimes.com/malibu_now/article_833edb76-bfd9-5d86-97b8-ceee723bf3de.htmlfi
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: