Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Colour Options for Cagiva Super City 125
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Colour scheme please
Option 1 as first picture.....Lucky Explorer with Yellow Number Boards
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Option 2 as 2nd picture ....Lucky Explorer with White Number Boards
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Option 3.....Lucky "Strike" Non-PC correct Cigarette Advertising style as it should have been
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Option 4......Leave Metallic lush Green as the factory intended
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Option 5 - Why Am I reading this crap....its not a Bimota....
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this puppy......A real Big boys toy with a tinker 125cc engine.....Looks mighty fine it its sumo fat clothes....

And a very tasty price Ahem....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cagiva-Elefant-125-1994-2-Stroke-2T-full-power/392642581373?hash=item5b6b52537d:g:Ed0AAOSw4qZeIaiy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperCity coming along great....my new "wrapper" has now been tasked with wrapping the tank as it should be in Satin Black...and redoing the side panel number boards as my previous wrapper wouldn't go "over the edge"...this fellow does and then seals the back face with glue to stop it peeling back....so ALL green will be gone....

Lucky Strike logos....And CRC Cagiva Research Centre words still to go on
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cagiva SuperCity panels all done now...barring a top gold and white stripe adjacent to the screen...which will go on when on the bike to align properly...and 2 small Agip petrol stickers...again...to be applied when panels on the bike

All my own handiwork this piece...hand cut from white vinyl...

Again my own handiwork here....white vinyl hand cut on top of tinted clear screen....logo affixed and then the back face masked off and spray painted satin black which shows thru as gloss backing...just like bimota do/did with their screens

Rear seat cowl/panel with present of PC incorrect naked lady painting and lucky strike fag packet courtesy of a gift from a kind gent on here

New battery strap fitted in black and cagiva elefant logo adhered to it...all my own handiwork again here

And now the big pieces that I swayed away from and sort help from the professionals....first sticker Boy "Sticker Steve" went AWOL on me half way through....So his stuff was binned and I found Sticker Billy Bob....who has worked his magic...panels being collected tomorrow...and half an hour later they'll be on the bike

Rear side number board panel

Front mudguard

Front right hand side panel

Same again but left side

And.....In the All together

Cant wait to get her back on the road...been over 4 months since it was started...mind you...weathers been shite

brian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These came up fantastic 2bims! Does the sticker man print his own vinyl stickers?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you did a great job on the hand cut ones that you did yourself too.... A man of leisure has the time to do this kind of stuff I guess Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
These came up fantastic 2bims! Does the sticker man print his own vinyl stickers?

Just been to collect the pieces and bring home....so...shortish reply as I'm keep to put her clothes back on....something I'm usually keener to strip them off....

Wrapper Billy Bob....aka MotoWraps on Facebook...has his own vinyl laser cutter....so....I had suspected the "LUCKY STRIKE" roundels were bought off ebay but no....using the same vinyl product and colours of black, gold, white and red that the panels were wrapped in he's individually fedd the vinyl into the laser cutter...and cut out first a black roundel...then a gold one, then a white one and then a red one and layered them all on top of each other like a stack of maple flavoured pancakes....all perfectly centred..then...laser cut out the LUCKY STRIKE words and laid those on topof the final red circle/roundel

Back to building her up...

https://www.facebook.com/biketobiker/

And...he's only 15minutes away from me...thats dangerous
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....Lucky Strike SuperCity is all Done...Panels were picked up Yesterday and tank and mudguard and side panels etc etc were all tweaked and fitted...all New Large head spread the load SS bolts with new nylon backing washers fitted....Just need to recall how to extricate her from the dining Room...fill her up and good to go:-

ANYONE want to buy her whilst shes still minty minty?...Less than 3,500 miles on the clock

Well.....thats the winter project all done....so "She's for Sale if anyones seriously interested".....as winter seems to be continuing.....and I'm bored....and I'm hankering over buying her slightly "larger" looking brother...that I didn't even know existed....needs a bit of work but the foundations are solid

Up for Sale at £4,000 at a local dealer....21,000kms....needs a refresh.....Same but slightly earlier 125cc 2-stroke engine...but proper big boy suspension.....21inch front 17 rear alloy rims and spokes anodised in black...all plastic bodywork...this is a TALL bike....

Its either that or push on with the track day Vdue....

pipes were dropped off yesterday to be ceram coated in Kromacote….so should look good when I pick those up in 2 weeks time

I had thought about going "traditional" TurboX black....but I do love my shiney...so shiney it is

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that theres the "odd person" out there that may read this...so for that person.....heres the Supercity wearing her new clothes...out and about in Manchesters NEw City.....Salford...which also has new clothes

TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Steve, funny how sometimes Bikes look better outside and not so close up as when pictured in a garage etc. Any interest from buyers yet ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: