Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB4 carburettors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Starting to think that the single carbon can on the exhaust has been a major part of my running problems right from the start, something that I never considered a couple years ago when trying to sort the running problems.

I have the sport kit on my DB4 so flatsides and single Corse can. Many years ago I would change the exhaust back to the twin shot standard ones for the MOT check. Bike would run OK just felt like it was being held back .
OK , not quite the same but sort of in reverse . I also know of another DB4 owner that has put a single ie can on the stock bike , with no adverse behavior I believe .
2 things to consider is your single can is not a Bimota one , maybe just a single 900ss one from a pair , made to fit , therefore what is the 2 into 1 joint like and what is the dia/bore of the can ? maybe restrictive .
Is the single can straight through or has it got baffles ? Maybe restrictive or maybe blocked somewhere/baffle collapsed ??
Just a thought.
brian

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:

Starting to think that the single carbon can on the exhaust has been a major part of my running problems right from the start, something that I never considered a couple years ago when trying to sort the running problems.

I have the sport kit on my DB4 so flatsides and single Corse can. Many years ago I would change the exhaust back to the twin shot standard ones for the MOT check. Bike would run OK just felt like it was being held back .
OK , not quite the same but sort of in reverse . I also know of another DB4 owner that has put a single ie can on the stock bike , with no adverse behavior I believe .
2 things to consider is your single can is not a Bimota one , maybe just a single 900ss one from a pair , made to fit , therefore what is the 2 into 1 joint like and what is the dia/bore of the can ? maybe restrictive .
Is the single can straight through or has it got baffles ? Maybe restrictive or maybe blocked somewhere/baffle collapsed ??
Just a thought.

Thanks for the input vort..... the collector and inlet pipe on the single carbon can look plenty big enough from memory. It was fairly loud but I did like the sound of it. When I get around to it I might open up the carbon can and check out the baffles etc, i'm guessing that it's a straight through can but not sure. I'll need to try to get it to work as it will most likely go on the DB4 track bike
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Thanks for the input vort..... the collector and inlet pipe on the single carbon can look plenty big enough from memory. It was fairly loud but I did like the sound of it. When I get around to it I might open up the carbon can and check out the baffles etc, i'm guessing that it's a straight through can but not sure. I'll need to try to get it to work as it will most likely go on the DB4 track bike

Grab a cheap usb inspection camera - beats the fuck out of opening it up to look!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:

Just a thought.

Or do like I do with my DB2/DB5/DB6 end cans...just get a long brush handle and push in and measure how far it goes.....on the MotoCorse/zard/Arrow and term end cans I have...its the same as your SB6 race system....just a complete straight mesh tube inner with wadding.....any potential "baffles" on a race can are simple restrictors that bolt with one grub screw into the outlets....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:

Just a thought.

Or do like I do with my DB2/DB5/DB6 end cans...just get a long brush handle and push in and measure how far it goes.....on the MotoCorse/zard/Arrow and term end cans I have...its the same as your SB6 race system....just a complete straight mesh tube inner with wadding.....any potential "baffles" on a race can are simple restrictors that bolt with one grub screw into the outlets....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: