Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

2000 SB8R for sale in Nevada

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: 2000 SB8R for sale in Nevada Reply with quote

Appears to be a very original SB8R selling in Nevada with a pretty strong bidding at over $11k. If the bidding is legit then it appears that the prices on the SB8R has finally stabilized and started to inch up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332799934401
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
yb11reno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's my bike. I've ridden it 300 miles in the 3 years I've owned it. So maybe time to pass it on. It was an extremely well cared for, sorted sb8r. None of the fueling problems I sometimes see other sb8 owners describe. The new owner (in Miami) is a huge Italian bike fanatic, so he'll appreciate and continue to treat it well. Good to see it go to a good home.

Jack
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering when you were going to pop up Jack......as I thought I recognised the bike and its location.....happily back from your Norwegian Fjord trip?
yb11reno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trip was awesome! We started by flying into Amsterdam. Walking through the airport to baggage claim. Laying in the middle of the floor. Was a joint. Hmmmm, "welcome to Amsterdam" I thought. No I didn't pick it up. I thought about it though. We spent two days before we got on the boat. Went through Van Gogh and Edward muench museum, took a boat trip through the canals, walked the red light district. Fun place. But I think the median age to be able to live there is about 30 years younger than me.
First stop in Norway was Oslo. Took a bus tour hit a couple sites, and up to the ski area where the olympics were held in the 60s. Spent a couple hours at Vigeland park. Impressive when you think about how one guy is responsible for all that. Bought a miniature "angry boy" statue by Vigeland that I took back home to give to a coworker to put on his desk. It was there for about 2 days before the office frump came by and covered his privates with masking tape.
The cruise through the fjords was impressive. At Flam, we took a smaller boat and cruised up and down the fjord. The tour leader pointed out Pulpit Rock, where they had recently finished filming a scene for the new Mission Impossible movie. Seeing the movie we got to see a different perspective from up on top instead of down at water level. Cool.
At the end of the cruise we spent the last night at a historic hotel in Oslo. There were about 12 of us in the same group, all of their rooms were ready we were told we had to wait. So I made a joke about, oh they haven't finished getting the presidential suite ready yet. Finally we got our key and went upstairs to to room. A two room suite. See, sometimes it does pay to be a smart -ss.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:
The new owner (in Miami) is a huge Italian bike fanatic, so he'll appreciate and continue to treat it well. Good to see it go to a good home.
Jack

I think you did very well. It is a clean looking bike for sure, hopefully it will be ridden and not sit in the collection....
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: