Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Isle of Man Classic TT - Anyone going?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurby festival...way north up the island at an old WW2 air force base converted to a race track for the VMCC boys...and famed riders to race around purely for fun

Sweltering hot day and way way too busy a place for me........anyhow....its pictures you want...and theres a special interlude section just for Brian...Oh lover of ZXR750's.........

A special RG500 gamma in the carpark...a fellow I later met exiting the ferry who had been seeing the Vdues all over the island and was just dying to know what they were, how much, and where can he get one........seeing the effort hes put into this RG500...he seemed like he could have saved some money in just buying a Vdue instead...Apologies to said fellow in not answering his questions...as the traffic lights had just changed to green and I was off home..

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally managed to bump into BimotaNige and his son James on his first trip to the island on his own bike......who in a couple of months is old enough at 21 to be included on BimotaNiges insurance to ride all of his Bimotas!!!!!!!!!! Who could ask for anymore from their Dad on their 21st????

Nige had already done his first few laps and was waiting for another trip out against Micheal Rutter onboard an RC30

Found this "just parked up" in the car park...as in "actually ridden down there"...has to be said though...the vast majority of bikes raced and paraded were likewise ridden down there....credit to their owners...

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....it was a sweltering day...perhaps hottest I've had this year in the UK (being a northerner that is...never that hot).....so it was suggested to leave the festival at Jurby early prior to 10,000 bikers exiting onto the same roads at the same time......

Suggestion of a run down to Port Erin for the cooling sea breeze and clean sandy beach for the kids to play on was accepted...and was in no way connected with said destination having a great combination of roads to ride on down the west side of the island full North to South run in a full day of empty undulating forest lined pristine carriageways, with only the odd pheasant and fluffy bunny wabbit to bother us....tis fair to say though that said bunny wabbit was some 4-500 metes away when he bobbed out of the hedgerows and could clearly hear the sound of 2 Vdues on full chat heading toward him, and hence beat a hasty retreat back into the undergrowth.......Noisy bikes are SAFE bikes........

Playtime over and its "Stuff dem kids with carbs time" courtesy of the local pizza shop...has to be said though that their patience was severely tested, they were promised for 2 days running it was to be fish, chips and curry sauce....but the Ruddy Chippy was ruddy well ruddy closed for the whole ruddy darn Sunday....and this we found out after walking up the ruddy big hill all the way to the darn ruddy ruddyx1000 chippy......Vorts youngest now knows how to spell "Closed" having had it spelt out to her several times......
Laughing

More to come later but seeing as I've had no breakfast nor lunch yet...its time for a break............
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to mention the 6 days of sunshine we had!!!
[img]
This is the very north - Point of Ayre[/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt forget to mention Nige...had a quick time out for lunch....kind of a late breakfast after having a much needed lie in on a mattress, with a quilt and a multitude of pillows...making mad passionate love to my bed after having spent 4 straight nights on various sofas whilst on the island....Ah...I love my bed once again........

Bank Holiday monday and the first proper scheduled set of races....also scheduled day for Vort to leave the island and meself to party up with BimotaNige on board his KB1......cheers for the company....

A much empty paddock and grandstand due to a comms failure with the Marshalls causing over a 4 hr delay to the start of the races.....so some paddock time taken

A quick pop over to see Constantine and Ben Wylie of Amore Moto and their YB4....and apparently there was a local radio chat with Ben about Bimotas and apparently the "rumour" that there was a couple of Vdues running around the island..... Laughing

A very crowded Parque Ferme prior to first race that became "parque Ouvert" courtesy of BimotaNige and his loan of a VIP Access all areas pit pass...cheers matey

After the pits it was down to the Calf of Man at the bottom of the island for some seal and whale watching time......

Sun setting on our final night whilst walking up to the local Cat with no tail pub for some much needed alcoholic refreshment

Final Tuesday Morning...........and after a wet start to the day....the winds blew the clouds away and the sun dried the roads so it was off and about up to the Ayre of Man at the top of the island via Laxey and Ramsey on the way

Somehow a Bimota Vdue just doesnt seem quite so "special" anymore when theres only one of them on the island....my bike clearly missing its smoke spewing twin brother.........

Then it was time for yet more refreshment at the Bride Church tea Rooms...clotted cream strawberries and scone anyone???

Sadly........after a lengthy clutch burning and gear box burning traffic congested journey back to the digs, it was long gone time to pack up and be on the way down to the ferry for the return sailing..........

Crying or Very sad

And thus endeth another trip to the island....with glad reports that both vdues made it there and back in one piece...as did Nige and his KB1.........well...until the next time....and maybe we could get 3 or 4 Vdues onto the island......I know of 6 in the UK that are running and used on the road so who knows??? Could the environment stand such an encounter???

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Embarassed Wink Very Happy
trev45

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots keep them coming please

It is good to show people that yes it does run
VDUE's do ride well to with no problems OK Rolling Eyes

The weather gods were kind too , very lucky

Trev
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More shots???...I'm afraid I'm all out now Trev....you were indeed correct that the weather gods shined on us...I rode a total of some 2-3 miles with light rain/wet roads out of a total of some 450miles......given the islands location thats just a plain miracle.......

It was certainly entertaining and educational to take a Vdue around such hilly roads such as the mountain course......I had to redial myself completely sometimes dropping 3 gears down after several wet fart throttle attempts.....never before have I got something so wrong re topographical nature and pulling power at low engine speed........

Have you ever measured the physical actual volume of the fuel tank???

I've seen specs of 20 litres....but find this hard to believe....on average, when the fuel warning light was first coming on when under braking, we would fill up and only get some 9 litres back in the tank....yet when you lifted the tank it seemed to be almost empty? The coming on of the light and refill with 2 gallons varied at between 40 and 50 miles depending on terrain and "twist of the throttle".......
trev45

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel tank is 16 litres off memory
well that's my one , they all could be different it is a Bimota hahhahaa

Trev
brian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome photos Steve, Stu and Nige! I need to revisit this thread when I have more time to properly check out all great bikes. Special thanks to 2bims for thinking of me and posting the pics of the ZXR's, fastest things around in there time Very Happy
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I used to have a ZXR750H1 in GWB....my first real big bike after I had an FZ600...so kind of fond memories meself for the ol ZXR750's...always like to see them out and about
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad someone took some pictures 2bims/Nige, I was a bit delinquent in this department . As 2bims hinted , I had a demanding 5yr old I had to look after who was not happy her promised chips did not materilise !!

Anyway , vdue home safe and had a much needed wash and clean. Other than the escaped gear lever bolt she seems to have survived reasonably well .

All nice and clean

Enjoying the last of the long weekend sunshine with her new garage friend

Even the BOSS came out to see what was going on.

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of Jnathan Cook, one of the Marshalls at the recent event....here he is exiting the Gooseneck on board his Bellaria.......

Hopefully we'll get to meet one day....
Bimota Classic Parts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

At TT Classic‬ bike 2015 - Isle of Man There was also a Bimota YB4 R Very Happy
more info:

Formula1 spec bikes pre '92 750cc : ‪Bimota‬ YB4 R (no.31) sponsored by ‪‎Bimota Classic Parts‬ - raider Ben Wylie - team manager Constantine Blias - AmoreMoto‬
Technical features: Bimota YB4 R (1987) engine Yamaha 750, 41mm flat slide carbies, Quill exhaust, Maxton suspension. The wheels came from last years Alstare WSBK Bimotas.

P. iva 01084400520
cell. +39 3343686888
tel/fax +39 057821986
e-mail: info@bimotaclassicparts.com
web: www.bimotaclassicparts.com
CNC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you went after all... great! Thanks for lovely photo album and story. I'm glad that you enjoy it!
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report 2bims. I agree that two VDues certainly look cool together and would have been pulling the crowds.

Brian got his fix of ZXRs. Good to see some of the RD250LCs that raced at the Silverstone GP. How did they get them to the IoM in time?

I'll have to try your national dish of chips and curry sauce one day. Does anyone know what is in the secret recipe for the sauce?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: