Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Reset service light Koso meter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reset service light Koso meter Reply with quote

Well, I finally had a chance with good weather to ride the Tesi 3D. I purchased it with only 450 miles, so Saturday I reached the fist "service" interval. I've serviced the bike before I put any miles on it and was hoping someone knew how to reset the service light on the Koso meter. I found documentation on the Koso North America web site, but nothing on the reset. Any help would be appreciated.

brian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm no help with the service light. Interested to hear your initial thoughts after your first outing on the Tesi though
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
waggy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2Bims cracked this for me some time ago. Basically start the engine and then hold in the start button for 15 seconds and the light should go off, dont do it why you are on the move as it will start the lap timer. Hope that works.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...confirmed as Waggy says....The koso clocks are a pretty simple set of clocks...that Bimota have coded up for themselves and the service intervals for the Ducati engine.......They work independant of the engine/ecu....so the first service interval clicks in and the spanner light comes on at 1,000Kms....around 640 miles.....it should then appear again after another 6,000miles or 9,360kms,...

Even if the clocks are disconnected and removed from the bike...once installed again they will show the same mileage as before disconnection
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Waggy light is off! Brian, I took the Tesi up to the North Georgia mountains. From my house its about 35 miles on the Highway until you reach the back roads to the twisty's. So the riding position is similar to a sport bike with clip ons, but much "tighter". I'm 5'7" 155lbs so it fits me really well, not sure if a taller rider would be comfortable at all. I adjusted the handlebars before I rode the best I could. I found myself on the Highway riding with a hand on the hip for more comfort. At low speed (below 65 mph) you are really pressed up against the tank, and it's not a good feeling. But once you get up to speed it's better. When I reached the more challenging roads and turns, my first impression was I had to really work to get the bike to "turn in". I instantly thought I needed to adjust the rake to get it to turn in better. But I just opened my mind to the fact that the bike is different and just really got my butt, head, and shoulders off the bike and dropped it in the turns. Of course I was a little nervous at first and didn't push right away. But I did push the bike a little and kind of bonded with it. I've read you loose front end feel with the Tesi, so that was on my mind. But I felt pretty good and could feel ripples and bumps pretty well while in a turn. Braking and handling bumps is where the bike excels to me. On a few occasions I felt the bike was "plush" over some bumps. That was surprising. It was my first ride so I still feel tons more confidence on the DB6, but the Tesi is such a cool machine and you really feel like your on something special when riding. Not to mention the excitement people have when they see it. Like myself, most people just see this bike online, so they are happy to finally see it in person.

Jbuffa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims, I didn't see your reply until after my post.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Buffa...glad you got the spanner light off.....you can leave it on forever as it does no harm...other than bugging you to death that is...so happy its sorted.......and cheers for the piccie and write-up....we do always try to help folk that need it on here.....but are always appreciative when its paid back with some piccies and words....so dont be shy....any photo with a Bimota in it is appreciated.

Did you "pump up" the front shock then before riding? and if so...with notrgen or just plain air? I'm thinking my Db6 rear shock could do with a re-pump as its kinda squishy...and the on-line service manual from extreme Tec says check pressure before each ride...seems kind of extreme...I'm more used to Ohlins stuff where its fit and forget...
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims. I used air for now. I set it to 130psi, the manual says 137psi is a standard starting point. Actually the manual says 9.5 bar or 11psi. So who knows where they got 11 from. I used a no loss air chuck with a meter, I'm in the process of getting a small nitrogen tank and regulator from a local welding supply to switch to nitrogen. That's a long way of saying I haven't got it yet Smile
I also set the compression 1 click below the factory recommended setting. The rebound setting and clicker is in the manual, but as far as i can tell does not exist on my shock. I set the front shock just a little softer from the advice of Bob at Bimota Spirit. I thought it road very well, I may go to 137 when I fill it with nitrogen as I plan to push it a little harder. Here are a few more pics. The first is a great road in North Ga. It's about 15 miles of wonderful turns and views. The second is start up for the maiden voyage. The third one is just a bike bonus. This site has helped me more than a few times. I would really have like to join you at the bike show. My wife and I were in London last year. I may have to coordinate our next trip around next years show Smile

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on about the rebound clicker for the Front shock or the rear shock?

I can see that you have a Extreme Tech rear on there with an anodised remote body.....but cant quite see whether thats a clicker on the body or an allen bolt and hex nut?

Its an extreme Tech shock I've not seen before...either they are all anodised or all plain grey steel looking...as opposed to a combo of both

Standard Tech shock - DB5S

Standard DB6

DB6R

On the Extreme Tech shocks the rebound adjustment is normally an allen head located in the bottom eye of the damper shock....which on the rear shock would be uppermost under the seat...nicely sandwiched between the exhaust headers

On the Db6R shock the gold anodised ring on the remote body has High and Low speed Bump adjustment...as they call it....or compression/damping as we call it....The low speed part is the 5mm allen key with 22 clicks...factory setting is 12 clicks...the outer hex head nut, needs a 15mm wrench and is the high speed compression...with 14 clicks...factory setting 8 clicks....

On the second to last picture below you can just see the rebound screw gold adjuster at the top of the shock body...accessed more easily by removing the riders seat pad

Do you still get to use the Ducatis at all? Or are you finding a bit f an addiction for the Bimotas? Something just a little bit more special....more unique, rarer, and devoured by onlookers wherever you go???

I started off with Ducatis...but soon found a calling that was irresistable....the Bimota way.. Laughing
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims, Well this is embarrassing. I was taking a picture with the flashlight to show you the non existent rebound adjustment on the Tesi front air shock when there it is. I just needed to get a light on it.

I also started out with Ducati's. Then last year the DB6 came up for sale in a town not far from me and that was it. I'm going to sell the 916 and the 900ss/sp. They just do not get used anymore. I'll keep the Monster for my wife, just ordered a low seat. She took a riding course recently. My plan is to add a YB7 or simalar dual round headlight Bimota next.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too embarassing.....at least it made you look and as if by magic.....you found it....its not like a Tesi is familiar to most people.....I tend to take multiple close up photos of bits of my bikes all over and store them on the hard drive......Sort of shows condition should there ever be a fateful day of Insurance need....but also you can comfortably sit down and familiarise yourself with your bike without constantly grovelling around on the floor...its not like my knees or my eyes are getting any younger Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea where you live Buffa....other than the US...but heres a YB7 that was for sale last year in Seattle......rare-ish tri-color version also....Only some 320 or so were initially made...the first half of which were all destined for Japan....evidently also where this ones come from...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfaImUhXx4
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see that bike. I didn't contact the seller because it seemed like a post from 2014. I'll give it a try. I live in Atlanta, GA BTW
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikes like Bimotas can hang around for a long time when selling sometimes...takes a special breed to buy them....and then you have to try and reach a price thats acceptable by both parties.....and "check the market rate" hardly applies with Bimotas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: