Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Bimota at Auction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: New Bimota at Auction Reply with quote

Seems there are 6 Bimota going through auction here in Australia, might be good deal for someone?

http://www.manheim.com.au/recreation/search?DivisionId=R&ManufacturerCodeDescription=Bimota&unrefine=Make&refineName=ManufacturerCode&ManufacturerCode=BIMOTA
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting little lot of New Bims there....seems to say they are finance repossessions due t a company liquidation? So sounds like a Bimota dealer going under in Oz....Sad for them...but as you say...maybe a bargain to be had if they can be registered.........
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the latest bid price displayed anywhere?
Have you sent the chassis #'s to the Swiss club register Steve?
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the vin numbers trying to make sense of them in reference to the number explanation in the DB5 manual, and I am a bit confused.
Are these Austrailian codes? They are different from both UAS and Euro.
I wonder if the 2013 DB5R really has a 1000cc motor or if it's a mistake.
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
Is the latest bid price displayed anywhere?
Have you sent the chassis #'s to the Swiss club register Steve?

Auctions start on the 3rd and 18th December...with the Bimotas split between the 2 auctions...which would make sense to give more time for better prices...so presumably if a finance sale then bids starting at zero with no reserve??? Wouldnt be happy if I'd bought a new one and then dealer go under and stock sold off cheaply...also affecting Warranty and re-sale values........Seem to be a lot of brand new benellis for Sale also...so perhaps a large Italian brand bike dealer thats gone under??
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
I was looking at the vin numbers trying to make sense of them in reference to the number explanation in the DB5 manual, and I am a bit confused.
Are these Austrailian codes? They are different from both UAS and Euro.
I wonder if the 2013 DB5R really has a 1000cc motor or if it's a mistake.

They do seem different codings...perhaps shortened for ease...as the year of manufacture seems to be missing from the frame Nos....but the model Number and designation and place of Manufacture "R" for Rimini is in there

Wouldnt put much trust in the accuracy of the listing...as they list the DB10 as having a 600cc motor....which is presumably copied from Motorcyclespecs.ze....as they made the same mistake a while ago also...evidently its a 1078cc engine in that and would think both DB5R;s were also.....latest versions with black and not gold Oz wheels...but ...to me a t least...downgraded suspension with Marzocchi forks and Extreme Tech rear shocks.....

Note the radial rim front disk on the DB9R...and what looks like a carbon frame...now that could be a bargain of a special............. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: