Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Wheel weights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trev45

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VDUE was also 28mm spindle size

Trev
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty82 wrote:
Does anybody know the sizes for the c due rear spindle? I've measured an got a 20mm spindle but was wondering did they do a larger one for strength or a smaller lighter one???
Ta

Depends which rear swing arm you have . Some vdue's have the SB8 rear swing arm, slightly wider 5,5mm rings a bell, and different spindle.
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh crap, ordered my new wheels but don't won't the wrong size ones turning up. What tips are there to get the correct fitting?
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: BST Wheels Reply with quote

Fear not Matty, I'm pretty sure BST supply V-due wheels for the 20mm spindle as standard. I suspect that it was when they got somebody moaning that they'd supplied a wheel for a 20mm spindle for a V-due that had a 28mm spindle that they got a bit wary of supplying wheels for that bike. You're in for a treat when you've got them on your bike. You'll be able to take the handlebars off and just steer it with your mind.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty , does your vdue have rear paddock stand bobbins on at as standard ?

Swing arm with bobbins are wider .
Matty82

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Mr Bad the excitement is almost too much. It's better than knowing you've got a 2 week holiday, ha. Ya 20mm seem to be the standard. I take it you've got them on yours?
Thanks vort, mine looks like the setup on the picture but then again I can't see bobbins ( if that makes sense)
While we discussing stands, what's the best front an rear stands for the 500's so I can take both the wheels out
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"bobbins" are cotton reel sized/shaped aluminium pieces that bolt onto the swingarm to enable a stand to raise the back wheel....in the piccies the left bike has none...but weld marks there instead....the bike on the far right has them bolted to the swingarm.

For stands....these would do...the front head stand fits into the bottom yoke of the steering assembly...and raises the front wheel off the ground....so that you can remove the wheel...sometimes its a close fit...and be careful that bodywork is clear whilst raising...or remove at least the nose cone fairing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Pro-Range-Front-Head-And-Rear-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Bike-Paddock-Stand-Set-/191588891766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9b967c76

The rear stand of the above would raise the rear wheel allowing its wheel removal...strong enough to hold the whole bike off the ground
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre not sure that the wheel company have the right dimensions etc etc...ask them if they have an autocad drg they could send you so you can check front and rear.....you will have to use some of the spacers...and defo the rear brake caliper bracket....new wheel should come with its own sprocket and cush drive...so be sure to specify the size of sprocket...number of teeth...and size....520/530...whatever your current size is....going up in sprocket size and your chain may need extra links to accommodate
Matty82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers 2bims. I've just spotted you'd circled two of the swingarms ( derrr )
So mine doesn't have the bobbins as standard. Running the standard gearing 16/39 as they recon the higher 1st gear stops the wheeling a bit, which is fine. Jiles at hps is sorting out the wheels an thinks he's got it all in hand Smile will look at those stands now
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel weights Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Weighed a few different makes of wheels recently and thought someone may be interested in the results so far.
All same size wheels, diameter and rim width, and all without disc's but with bearings etc and sprocket on the rear.

Antera ...................................Front 6kg Rear 8.95kg
BST carbon.............................Front 2.95kg Rear 5 kg
Dymag 7 spoke forged alloy.....Front 3.45kg rear 5.9kg
Dymag carbon........................Front 2.75kg rear 4.75kg.

Obviously I have bought these for scientific reasons !! Very Happy

Update on this thread.....

DB5/DB66 standard fitment wheels Rear wheel...with cush drive, no tyre/disc ……...8.70Kg
DB5/DB6 Standard Fitment wheels Front Wheel...no tyres/discs.....5Kgs

So...better than Antera...what isnt...but not as good as Dymag Alloy

as per here
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bimota-db5-db6-felgensatz/1027366992-306-7587
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got Oscom weights?
Bud977

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, I weighed a set of R1 wheels to compare to the above:

Front 6.9kg with discs
Rear 6.1 with disc but no cushdrive

To compare to the above weights, I'd guess
Front 6.0kg without discs
Rear 7.5kg with rear disc, cushdrive and sprocket

Not extremely light, but better than some. Definitely better than the PVMs I had before.

And definitely better than my RD350LC. The complete rear wheel with brakes and sprocket and tyre weighs 18.5kg. That a little 1.85 x 18 rim!
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weighed the (2nd Gen) Daytona 675 wheels I had just before I sold them - Front wheel, all bearings & spacers, discs bolts but no discs, no tyre, 4.007kg
Rear wheel, All bearings, spacers, cush drive, disc, steel sprocket and abs ring, 8.1kg. They're one of the lightest sets of OEM wheels around.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for interest... The lightweight russisn wheels fitted to the db7...and oro nero....weigh exactly the same as bst carbon fibre wherls for the same bike....dont ask me how i know....but i did laugh when i heard someone had fitted them to his or her oro nero...and was a little miffed...to say the least whem they did the weigh ins...teehee
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for interest... The lightweight russisn wheels fitted to the db7...and oro nero....weigh exactly the same as bst carbon fibre wherls for the same bike....dont ask me how i know....but i did laugh when i heard someone had fitted them to his or her oro nero...and was a little miffed...to say the least whem they did the weigh ins...teehee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: