Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

My kind of Cafe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hursty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: My kind of Cafe Reply with quote

I went and checked out this unusual bike shop / cafe in Auckland NZ today Very Happy
Very cool, I wanted to check out the DB6 they have imported before it was sold.

This place is full of nice kit

And the coffee was good as well

Check them out if your passing through Cool
or here is the web site http://www.carbon-garage.com/
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice place...Are the bikes on the racks for Sale or "just" there for Show to get people in? Nice way to stack and rack them ...if you own a forklift truck I suppose........

Strange you should come across one of those early Model Red/black/grey DB6's.....As I found another out for a ride also......Owned by a nice man that uses it for touring europe, hooting around etc......and after chatting to him I discover he also has a Vdue Jolly Moto...and a Db7 Carboni Nero....

Some nice additions to his bike....BST Carbon Fibre wheels...and most other body panels replaced with aftermarket Carbon panels also.....Squishy Zard cans....

Owner and his friends had that same look about them when they saw me on my DB5R..."What? another BImota out on the road??"...Although this is the first time ever I've come across another Bimota on the road at the same time as me...without it being a pre-arranged meet that is...
Hursty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all for sale most are x Japan the Db has lots of nice extras
Was asking 25k NZ or about £12,000 funny money
But they put it out as a $1 reserve auction on our local ebay called trade me
Bidding is at about half that with a week to run.
Had a sit on it felt like a flash moto cross bike to me compared to my SB6 Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...had a look at the website...Crazy money for a bike like that...presumably sourced from Europe....given that they have to source, transport and pay taxes etc...but its still at Double the money and then some for same bikes sourced from "good old Europe" where we have no import taxes between countries......Thank gawd.....

Tis a strange feeling sitting on them initially...as the saddle is very short and very sunken....but does make you feel part of the bike at least and not simply perched on top of it.......

There are a few nice extras on it like brembo radial masters...and a fair bit of aftermarket carbon side panels, exhaust shrouds etc.......but still a lot of mullah for a 8 year old bike essentially.......yours.....happy to be part of Europe.... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of their Menu for the Cafe...>They do a "4 shot espresso" called Motocinno for Riders and a "1 shot espresso" called Pussicinno for Harley Riders.........Quite evident which type of rider they prefer....... Laughing

http://www.carbon-garage.com/cafe.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: