Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Hello from the North of the Netherlands
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niels

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Hello from the North of the Netherlands Reply with quote

Good evening to you all. I'm Niels a 37 year old Dutchy living with my wife and two young daughters in the North of the Netherland. I've got a technical background and fast cars&bikes are my kind of thing Very Happy

Bought myself a near mint Bimota SB6 some weeks ago. I was looking for a young boys dream from the '90 and almost bought a Duc 916 SP. Also a Kawa ZXR750R was an option but nothing interesting came across. As an oldskool Suzuki fan (and owner) a SB6 became interesting after waking one from it's winter sleep Shocked

Some pictures of my sweetheart:

I'm the 3rd owner but the 2nd never rode it. It has only 4500km on the tacho, is original delivered and licenced in the Netherlands from new and as I sad near mint. It had not ridden in the past 10 years so yesterday was a new celabration date after driving a whole 20km's Laughing After cleaning the whole fuel system and cooling system by the previous owner, all fluids were replaced as for some carbs parts, spark plugs etc. and the original Shocked tyres are replaced by Contisport attack2. It drove suprisingly well and easy but unfortunately a sensor/floater on the right side of the tank started leaking fuel.

Furthermore, it came with original documentation, original pyjama, leather key cover etc. Man, I like details Laughing
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike
Rasberry Ripple paintwork Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Your story sounds very similar to mine Shocked . We must have the same taste. Plenty of info to read on here about the mighty sb6. Glad to see another bimota rescued from the eternal boredom of being a showpiece. Enjoy your new ride and enjoy the forum.

Cheers,
Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way... well done on getting the pics posted. It's usually a bit of a challenge for newcomers to the site.

Best to get the pics posted up early in the piece so you don't get hounded by the mob about pics Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Hursty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Niels nice Mk1 with Oscom wheels just need to get out and scrub that new rubber in Very Happy
My 6 had also been sitting for ten years and needed new engine hoses amongst other things, check the foam filter on the engine oil breather next time its apart, mine had disintegrated and also have a read through the old SB threads lots of good info to find Wink
SiBag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, and nice bike.

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. Nice bike also.
Vince186

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again welcome.

Very nice bike looks in a top condition. Very Happy
Installed with preload adjusters
Excellent choice the SB6 Wink
Niels

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Preload adjusters on top of the front fork? It looks that way but it isn't. Now we are talking about the suspension, it is rather stiff. Does it come from the factory with such a setting?

@Brian, I'm sorry not to ask how to place pictures on the forum Embarassed Laughing Maybe new out here but quite familiar with the concept.

@Hursty, I will check the oil breather and rubber hoses. Hence I will order some new.

It drove fantastic until I filled her up with BP Ultimate. The tank started leaking at some kind of level indicator on the right?

Vince186

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No preload adjusters …. Am I wrong ….what are the blue things on top of the fork Question

Strong stuff BP ultimate. Shocked

A fuel sensor you can order here.
http://www.oldtimer-teileshop.de/simson/simson-schikra/motorgetriebe-und-antriebsteile/fuellstandgeber-paioli-2157105.html

It seems that the reserve fuel is slightly more with this fuel sensor according to Mako.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not BP Ultimate it's cold petrol into a warm bike. If you fill the SB6 the cold petrol (from the big tanks underground) starts to expand in the fuel tank and blows out through the breather.
When you fill up don't seal the petrol cap, go pay for your fuel and put the cap on just before you drive away.

You should get a carbon exhaust heatshield Wink
SiBag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
It's not BP Ultimate it's cold petrol into a warm bike. If you fill the SB6 the cold petrol (from the big tanks underground) starts to expand in the fuel tank and blows out through the breather.
When you fill up don't seal the petrol cap, go pay for your fuel and put the cap on just before you drive away.

You should get a carbon exhaust heatshield Wink

Evil,
Do you still have some knocking around?
I'm getting tempted to part with my cash.

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you, yes I have one Very Happy
Niels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince186 wrote:
No preload adjusters …. Am I wrong ….what are the blue things on top of the fork Question

Strong stuff BP ultimate. Shocked

A fuel sensor you can order here.
http://www.oldtimer-teileshop.de/simson/simson-schikra/motorgetriebe-und-antriebsteile/fuellstandgeber-paioli-2157105.html

It seems that the reserve fuel is slightly more with this fuel sensor according to Mako.

Thanks! I will order one Very Happy Thought you meant these guys:

But I saw your thread about the ZX9 preload adjusters. I thought the bike was untouched and original but I will ask the former owner.

What heatshield Evil, do you have a pic and price?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preload adjusters on the SB6 were a factory extra so some bikes have them and some don't. The later SB6R has them as standard.

Heatshield
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1349&highlight=heatshield

Oily had some carbon frame protectors made up, I don't know if he sold them all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: