Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 Tricolore rebirth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: DB2 Tricolore rebirth Reply with quote

Hej

wanted to share some pics from my ongoing DB2 Tricolore rebirth porject.
Bought a solid red (apparently re-painted) DB2 a couple of years back. Do not know what color scheme the bike left the factory with. Know this specific bike was imported to Sweden in the condition I bought it in. It had two previous swedish owners before I found her.

Have always wanted a DB2 Tricolore, but there aren't too many around ....

Bought a new set of race fairings, had holes for ventilation and head light etc carved out. Ian the Crankase helped with color patterns and recommendations on color codes. Thank you again Ian! Local paint shop was hired ....

The DB2 stickers on the lower side of the body is still WIP. Found original ones but obviously for a different color scheme because they are way too big - but the right font though. Now working with a local screen company to have smaller replicas made.

Still have not decided whether to have the rims repainted in white or leave as is. The front fender is a third party carbon thing which look really bad - anyone sitting on an original one to spare?

Pics prior to paint job

Pics post paint job

cheers,
-Piso

Last edited by Piso on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo links don't work for me Crying or Very sad
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links worked for me!
Looks great as a Tricolore, cannot imagine why it had previously been painted all red (even though red is my favourite colour!), it just doesn't flatter the machine at all. For me I would re-paint the wheels white, I think it would lift the overall look, but it's your machine, your choice. Good luck.
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow
very impressive.
I'm very happy that I could help you out there.
PS my tricolore and many others had anthrazite frame and wheels, so if your frame is anthrazite . ..
The tricolores with white wheels usually have red frames.
welcome back to the tricolore owners club : )
Ian
Piso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frame and rims are antrazithe...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Piso...and welcome to the FOrum.........I'd probably stick with the anthracite wheel look...as it matches the frame.......

The Db2 mudguards for the front do come up occassionally.....but you would have touble fixing it to the bike....all DB2';s came as standard with Right Way Up front forks...and they use clamps to mount it to the lower section, but at the very top of the lower section....yet your bike has Upside Down Forks.....where the mudguard has to also clamp to the lower section...but way down low near the front spindle.....hence probably why the front mudguard has been changed to cope with the non standard USD forks that are fitted....
Piso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so - an update Smile

worked with a local screen copy shop to have the db2 decals re-made out of drawings from Ian. The paint shop have had them coated with clearcoat.

The front and rear carbon mudgards now painted in high gloss black

Have decided to keep the rims with the original anthracite.

The bike will now get a complete service at Italian Bike centre to be ready to ride when the snow melts in March. Will update this thread with final pics of the bike then

thanks for all support and advice

P.S: after having owned my BMW for 30 years (since new), it is now gone. Only italian ladies left in the garage

-piso
Corona

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very impressive in tricolour. Italian ladies do generally look better than German ones Wink
Piso

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Trouble..... Reply with quote

Hello again,

I have run into an issue and need help...

As 2bims correctly pointed out, the fork on my bike is not the original one. It needs new seals, but my service guy cannot figure out what make the forks are and has trouble to find new seals for this reason. The bike is in the repair shop some 200 km away and the old pictures I have are not ideal

Any one who can help to guide me to understand what make the fork is?
Speedmade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are White Power forks

Here is their website
http://www.wp-group.com/en/home/
Piso

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej again,

A final update to this thread as my little project is now complete. As most projects with a delay and over budget Very Happy

The service guy had my bike in his work shop for three months.... But it is now in top condition.

I'm very grateful for all help received through this forum through out this project - a big thank you to all who helped me finish this project. I'm also very proud of the end result.

Having said that, I realise I will miss having this project now that it is done..... Need a new one.... Anyone having a db4 or db5 that needs more love than you can give her Laughing Laughing ? Just give me a call.....
brian

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks really good mate. I'd be happy with the way it turned out too if it were mine. Nice work
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good and glad you got it finished....front and rear rims look a little dusty.....but hopefully thats because you are now getting to use the bike and discover the real beauty of these machines....the way they go down the road.....Enjoy..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: