Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Information about HB1 being sold by Bonhams

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motokosta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Information about HB1 being sold by Bonhams Reply with quote

Do any of you guys know anything about this bike?

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21897/lot/232/

My concern is that it dose not appear in neither the Giorgio Sarti registry nor the Bimota Club of Switzerland registry.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at what appears to be a very extended list of Bikes since I last looked at your sign off...I guess you may be interested to complete your line up...

Only thing I know is there are more Replicas out there than real ones (of the ten real ones)

Heres more info and a link to the company that still makes replicas

http://www.motocicliveloci.it/inglese/catalogue/replicabimota_uk.htm

http://honda400four.wordpress.com/2012/07/13/the-bimota-hb1-kit-for-honda-cb400f/

I've seen one of the replicas up close in real life.........a work of art and I reckon only the people that made the 10 kits in the first place would know the difference......

This bit is odd though from the Bonhams description

"This particular Bimota HB1 was purchased new as a kit from Sport Auto Moto Equipment SA of Magliaso, Switzerland by Louis Garneret, proprietor of a motorcycle shop in Porrentruy, Switzerland. In his accompanying letter of authentication, Mr Garneret states that the kit consisted of a frame, saddle, tank, oil cooler, mudguards, battery tray, handlebar controls, shock absorbers and bolts. The HB1 kit was assembled and sold to one Michel Georges of Épinal in the Vosges region of north eastern France, who fitted a Honda CB750 engine. Bizarrely, its owner chose to register his new motorcycle as a 'Georges' rather than a Bimota! The machine is still registered in France as a 'Georges'.

According to the bible....and the sales brochures for the HB1 kit (called the BX-1 Kit) Front mudguard was not an option, neither was battery tray, or handlebar controls.......The bible references that all 9 kits were sold direct to the swiss company Rossi and Roncoroni in Magliaso Switzerland.....also referenced in the Bonhams advert.......either way it doesnt have the wheels , forks or brakes although these were an "option" The gear change for me is wrong.......as its got a rodded linkage...whereas archive piccies show a rear set peg and a direct gear pedal on the gear shaft (Old school..)...the One on this bike is still available as a replica

http://www.motocicliveloci.it/images/bimota/art.RB15a.JPG

At the end of the day...you pays your money and takes your chance.......although this would be one big chance........unless Bonhams have the paperwork for the history of its first sale as a kit from the Swiss company
husson73

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well very strange discovery, will be curious to see the french title announced on file on the catalog of Bonham but can't find.
Is it written 7cv (standart CB 750) or 9cv (Japauto barrels pistons)?
Am really surprised that a Bimota HB1 with a Japauto kit was never seen or was unknow from the Japauto afficionados (the're a few but very active)
More strange if you go on Japauto club internet site you will see on the page "cadres spéciaux" (special frames) a HB1 among other but not this peculiar HB1
http://1000vx-club.pagesperso-orange.fr/cadres_speciaux.html
no picture of this HB1 on the photos gallery
http://1000vx-club.pagesperso-orange.fr/galerie_Japauto.html

on a world you can find guy who built Rickman Z1 frame on the garden shed (real story) or a replica Kawasaki H2R or KR 750 in Italy like Agusto Camera build (real masterpiece), every thing is possible.

If you add the fact that special could have a title on France easily until the 90s you just need a title from a special to do what you want if it's a 5cv (tax not power) you can put any engine 400 to 499 cc, a 7cv any 750cc, a 9cv any 900 to 999cc, 10cv any 1000c to 1099 c, a 11cv any 1100 to1199 cc.

Am the owner of a Martin frame Kawasaki H1, just mention on the french title maker "Martin" typ "original",power (tax not HP) "5 cv " (which means any engine between 401cc and 499cc and the number of the frame which means nothing.
Add the fact there is no files from those periods on french administration with a title maker Georges, 7cv or 9cv and a number which means nothing you can do that you want if you have the man to build a frame copy
a Rickman CB750 or Japauto, an Egli CB 750 or Japauto or a ...HB1.

the typ on this Georges should be "original", bonham doesn't mention this?

Many HD chopper with 1100 or 1200 HD run in my country with Martin 11cv or 12cv title (they seem legal so even if Martin never built a chopper) Rolling Eyes
husson73

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have found something but not exactly the story from the catalog of Bonham excepted the frame is announced like a real Bimota frame
see here:
http://www.fmsp.net/t6893-bistrot-racer

frame found on june 2010 and Bonham wrote "The current owner purchased the machine from Bernard Delung in June 2010"...

will do a sum up translation later am go to bed now.

Can't ask on this forum as I have been banned years ago Mr. Green
brian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting information fellas. So, who's buying it Very Happy
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
husson73

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the french form (see above my post with a link) the guy said he discovered this (first picture on the firts post but don't work now Exclamation ) and on page 3 on the same topic (still a picture) a frame of which he didn't know the maker (he was kidding as he knew what it was) and asked what it's Question and carried on the joke said he would do a chopper with this frame
Very Happy
Then when other guys said HB1 and he agreed he said the following story:
The bike was on a friend's garage. after crashed a HB1 (one of kit sold on the 70s) during a hill climbing race on a fountain, the first owner ordered from Bimota just a new frame nothing else(the original was really broken as the tank, special bimota oïl tank and four exhausts, wheels etc; seem the HB1 crashed was became a wreck) with the idea to rebuild a HB1.
But the first owner never did it. the author of the post on the french forum (or his friend as he didn't say who was the owner on 2010) got the frame with a special alloy tank, JPX wheels (see picture on page 3 of the topic on french forum) and an engine which was a Honda four with 969cc pistons rings (like Japauto kit but with piston done for four valves) and DOHC Piper head with four valves by each piston (see picture p.3).
The author of the topic never wrote him or his friend had a title from this bike.
This is very imortant for two reasons.
First at all if the bike came with a title on which the maker was "Georges" the author would have said.
Secondly, it's impossible to have a title for a special in France since the end of the 90s, so the value of the special in my country depends really if the bike has a french title or not. So if there was a title the author would have written. (the only way is to have a collector title if the bike has more than 30 years old but this means you can demonstrate to the french authorities the bike has got a title before or a foreign title, no word about any title in the whole post and no way to have a title for a frame engine untitled before even a collector title)
Rolling Eyes
If you remember the french frame maker "Martin" has as first name "Georges" the title could came from Georges Martin bike registred by the french authorities as maker "Georges" and not as "Martin" or "Georges Martin".
Don't think authorities never done some incredible mistake.
I own a Kawasaki MC1 90cc which is a trail mini bike, when I changed the title to have it on my name, I noticed the bike was a 9 seaters, said to the authorites and the lady said she couldn't change even if she admitted that a 9 seaters bike is nonsense. So still have a 9 seater bike
I will very please to see the french title because on it you have the first registration number (even if by opposite of UK you couldn't have any informations about the formers owners) this could help a lot. Laughing
And the sale is for 27 april 2014 Stafford
husson73

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW engine number is rather strange
CB750E-2426888
should be K6 engine excepted the first K6 engine was E2428762
Exclamation Question

the frame number with 6 numbers seems strange excepted my Martin 500 H1 has also a frame with 6 numbers 397*** also marked on my title (only 2 of the 15 Martin frame H1 built on the 70s got a title maker Martin typ Original power 5CV and the whole Martin frames built are around 10.000 and very few were registred with a new title as on the 70s 80s the french cops said nothing when you showed a Honda four or a Kawasaki Z1 title with a special frame) So a 6 numbers on a special frame is absurd but real Rolling Eyes

Last edited by husson73 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
husson73

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got an answer from the french Japauto club following an email I sent to them last friday.
The bike is unknow from them and they think also in France the title can have issue specially with a Japauto kit on it Crying or Very sad
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21897/lot/232/

Crikey Bob........ Shocked Shocked 57,500 GBP for the HB1 sold at Bonhams.........Genuine bike? Copy/Replica? Buyers perogative......
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which lucky person on here picked up the KB1 for £7k then??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking at a different Auction Nige? Cant find any other Bimota that was at Stafford recent auction...
daveg

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably this one that sold in 2007!! Very Happy
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/15321/lot/376/
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed it is, my search must have done more than this Stafford Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: