Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike Show 2014 - Help Needed/Anyone Interested?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort's old VDue will be on the 2 stroke stand, I've seen it a few times. Polishing competition...))))
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I knew he was going to use it as a secret weapon against use us I would never had sold it to him, however we have one tiny whiney thing up our sleeve that they dont Very Happy !! 3 other vdues !!!! Shocked

And the main difference is we let people withing 10yards of our bikes, and if they have lycra on 2bims will even allow them to mount Razz the bikes that is, unlike the strokers who just sit there polishing, their bikes that is !!!!

Oh its going to be fun.
brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little healthy competition is good for the soul Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obsessive is the word you are looking for Brian Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last shout..........

Yup....last shout for anyone wanting to throw their Bimota into the offing for the Manchester Bike show...so I can work on final layout to see what we can squeeze on there........

Heres the latest layout...for anyone intending on visiting........we've been moved from our previously allocated spot...and into Zone 1....yellow zone...stand Nos 155/156....in the Main Hall with the Big boys and Main Dealers...although this may be subject to change if someone "buys" this patch...as a club we get space granted for free...so we're lucky at the moment........

http://www.classicshows.org/manchester2013/images/downloads/ManchesterBikeShowfloorplanpdfinal.pdf

For those that are coming for set-up day on the Friday....heres the pass for the Carpark on that day...same as last year at the side of the building...turn before the show Hall...side entrance door...and I'll print off a few spares anyhow

http://www.classicshows.org/manchester2013/images/downloads/ManchesterBikeShowfloorplanpdfinal.pdf

So....I'll be bringing Banners, pop-up stands, gazebo, tables and chairs and some bikes.....same with Vort...and if Lammie could find the previous Laminated brochures in a textile bag? (after hes finished sunning himself in Portugal...lucky so and so...)

Vort...Could i borrow a front stand for DB1 as theres no rear bobbins on that one...and no hollow spindle

BimotaNige...whatever bikes you can fit in......and GeeKay....your listening ears and knowledge and presence...as sadly....No C3PO this year....boo hoo..........

I'll be at the Arena around 2-2.30...putting up a few things and allocating space...ticket allocation is same as last year...3 tickets per bike put up on the stands...so plenty there........and to all others.......see you soon if you are popping down......... Wink
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims could you get me a job like yours as it obviously pays well and requires minimal attendance!!! Shocked Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add.........those with Bimota Rugs and Bimota Mugs...dont forget to bring them........... Laughing
laminator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we got an idea of what bikes are on the stand. I was going to bring the Silver YB9, the YB6 (not at show last year), and one other.

Not sure how many are required, etc. If you prefer me to bring different bikes I can. Cheers, Andy

will bring rug, mug, etc. I've got to find the laminations, I've seen them in the black bag but not sure where I put them Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more the merrier andy........if theres any space left over then I'll fill it..........similar to last year...but no C3PO or Mantra this year......Nige is trying for Sb3, KB1, BB1 and Vdue.......Vort with Santa Monica, DB4 Corse and Vdue if he gets himself a 3 bike trailer........Myself Db1, Db2, Db4, DB5R, DB6R and Vdue...and may slip the "pup of a Ducati" on if theres space and maybe some nice man may buy it from me.......

So representative of every engine manufacturer model (Yam/Duc/Suzy/BMW/Kwack and Bimota - Vdue) just missing the usual Honda engined model...and no Tesi

Myself, Vort and BimotaNige intend to be there around 2-4pm...I may be earlier to "reccy" the place and stake our turf...if we dont get moved we may have the same space areawise as last year with a small chance to push out.......

From recollection the laminates were in a nice wallet sized textile bag or somesuch...no worries though if its gone astray......

We mananged 16 Bims last year, would be nice to add one extra but will see if we have space....but would mean 4 from yourself and 3 from Vort...not an issue though if we dont
laminator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring 5 if required, all the best models , ie YB Wink
(YB6, YB7, YB8, YB9, and YB10)

It will depend on me getting the second van from the workshop on a friday. I plan on heading over at lunch time. I'm not heading back on the buxton road, like last year, as I nearly had to spend the night in the van due to snow! (although the weathers nice here at present)

I'll bring all the axle stands I have, mug, and bimota mat. I've got the laminations somewhere. I know they are in a black textile bag and I've seen them, they'll turn up. Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh No...Possibly one van down? And that means only half of your pit crew?? Whatever you can manage Lammie...without putting yourself out too much..........
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly due to change again....but as of this morning the Bimota Forum stand has been increased 50% in size and is now to be stand Nos 115, 119 and 120...crikey...and is the second row on the left from the Main door...in amongst the "big boy" dealers...opposite Yamaha and Suzuki main dealers...Gulp.....suggestions for space filling guys? Giant chessboard? Adult Twister? or 3 pallets of lager and a bucket in the corner??

Hope to meet old and new guys from on here.....just look for the ugly mugs and beautiful bikes....I'll be the Drunk in the corner surround by empty tinnies.......Hic...and Dunkin DoNut boxes......
djt77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Bimota dealer in the UK worth contacting to let them know about event, if they have some unsold stock lying about might be interesting for them to get it up on show to try and flog?

How many bikes you guys up to now?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well...in there lies the crunch....No UK Bimota dealer...and we are but an island......we had 16 Bimotas there last year...and there was a dealer who had 3 on his stand...and another Bimota, Sb6...on the Modified Suzuki Stand...so 20 in total around the event.......

Between the five of us doing the show we could muster an almost embarassing.....27 various assorted Bimotas....but that would raise an already large enough logistics issue we getting them to the event....theres a one day set up and around a 2 hours breakdown period on the Sunday...and we are supposed to be doing this event just for the "fun" of it....Some fresh blood wouldnt go amiss though if we do it again Shocked
brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes well it's certainly MY kind of fun. I'd be more than happy to show off my bims if i was within cooee of the joint.

I'm a bit surprized that there's not more bimota owners in UK that are showing up
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: