Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB6 EXUP Newbie - needs help on Indicators
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavin.gsgm

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: YB6 EXUP Newbie - needs help on Indicators Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I have just become the proud owner of a beautiful YB6 exup that remains pretty much original, all except the one and previous owner has changed the front and rear indicators for some cheap and nasty carbon things, just not in keeping and I would like to try and obtain some original replacements or indeed something that looks more in keeping.. all help greatly recieved.

Gavin
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are unusual ones . I always google images to try to get original pics...

Hope we sort it for you, welcome to the forum. Laughing
gavin.gsgm

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that advice.... I guess I was hoping someone would say... oh yes they are off a...???. But I will search through some images and try and match something up... I am just about to start re-commissioning this bike so if there are any guys ( or girls) out there that has any other useful info on this bike please get in touch.... Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin, and welcome to the Forum also, are you after back and front or just rear??

I tend to search on motorcyclespecs for finding "donor" parts for Bimota
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_350sl_pantah.htm

And this is presumably what you have?
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bimota/bimota_yb6_exup%2089.htm

I would tend to search Italian manufacturers of Bikes, Cagiva, MotoGuzzi etc, engine evidently from Japan, and parts of wiring loom also, but bolt on bits from italian suppliers generally. Thus search for Italian bikes and look at models made on or before the date of your bike, maybe go back even 5 years or more, If bimota had a bucket full of indicators they would keep fitting them until they ran out, so not always the most current parts were fitted, and could vary from bike to bike of even same model.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is learn how to post a picture of your bike on the Forum, creates more interest also for the rest of us to help you if we know you've been through that painful moment Laughing

So welcome, and stick around, ownership will mean you'll need to for more assistance Laughing
gavin.gsgm

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, that is most helpful.... I will attempt to get you a picture posted... sounds ... fun.... For the record I need front and rear to replace the hideous carbon pattern things fitted.... The link for the YB6 you sent is the baby... YB6 exup.. It is in really good original patina condition and really just needs a good re-commission... I just stumbled across it for sale and .. loving all things bike ... thought I would add to my ever expanding garage... but trying to find info on it is limited... I realise this was a very short and small production run and not much info about.. so any info is greatfully recieved... Someone did tell me the front indicators are car repeaters but from what??? Not sure... I will keep digging... I was slightly put off by the floating front Brembo's but again people tell me normal..?... Just not the same as my 748.... Thanks again and I will attempt the pici thing in a few days when I have put the seat unit back on...
Gavin
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, you can email piccies direct to , if having problems and I'll post them up for you.

Front full floaters are champion, you'll get used to the rattle, and good second hand stock are still availble, fitted on most early Bims up to 94/95 when fitted with oscom wheels like yours.

Mines of info on here for parts and sources, so just shout if you need anything. I'll look for the repeaters, I recall early VW Golf for some reason...Euro models though

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Gavin
you can get the fronts here: http://www.mecatechnic.com/zoom.asp?code0_ref=VWC&produit_ref=C077923&langue=GB

they are early Golf side repeaters for 'some' markets.

I still don't know what the rears were originally made for.
There are 2 different lengths as well:

120mm for front and Euro rear

and

155mm long ones for USA bikes, I think !?

I have a spare pair of long ones that you can have for 50euros including post. I don't see how you can cut them down without a bit of cunning as there's a threaded tube that sticks out for fixing.

Let me know if you want them otherwise they are joinning the rest of my cast offs in bay on Thursday p.m.

all the best
Ian
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or

new short rears here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200721522326?item=200721522326&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item2ebbef5e96&vxp=mtr

Ian
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever the most helpful of guys Crankie, a real gem of a character, and a mine of all things Bimota. What other gems are going the ebay way, anything I may be interested in prior to it being offered to the pack of marauding wolves and vultures on't 'bay? Laughing
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes

and congrats on finding the bike- a bit more special than a YB6 (114 made according to Mr Sarti), but still relatively easy maintenance and stuff.

And 'normal' YB6s are special enough.

waiting for a pic Smile

Ian
oily

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
anything I may be interested in prior to it being offered to the pack of marauding wolves and vultures on't 'bay? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't lay it on too thick Steve Very Happy

a right muddle of odds and ends, a 'chopper' (beachcruiser style) bicycle, some Yam GTS bits, etc only a few Bimota bits: DB1 owners manual, Santamonica owners manual! YB series swingarm bolt covers, DB2SR owners manual, 33 tooth sprocket to fit the 'old' 7 bolt fixing wheels, Yam wiring loom that 'should' fit YB6 to 10? . . I prepared the auctions end of last week to all start on Thursday for 10 days so I can sit and watch them finish 1 by 1 on Sunday 3rd. A couple of things with realistic start prices such as the indicators as I would rather keep them for spare lenses than sell for 10 euros!
ebay name: rotegriffe

sorry for going off track Gavin
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Crankie, laid on too thick? Yeh perhaps, it would seem your Englishishness is coming back, thought that the germanic residence would have had you believing me Laughing
Perhaps the DB2SR owners manual if its an original, will keep an eye out. Perhaps post in the "Items for sale with link" Mike Jennings on here is refurbing a Db1 and may like an owners manual if he doesn't have
gavin.gsgm

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Thanks to all you guys... lots of info to take in and now gives me an inclination as to what I am looking for.... I promise to get some pici's for you all to see what your thoughts are... may have to mothball the recommissioning to put it back on the road due to other projects I really must finnish first, but sunny evenings may spur me on... Too many bikes.... too little time...and money....

Thanks again to all concerned and all info greatly recieved......
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavin.gsgm wrote:
Wow... Thanks to all you guys... lots of info to take in and now gives me an inclination as to what I am looking for.... I promise to get some pici's for you all to see what your thoughts are... may have to mothball the recommissioning to put it back on the road due to other projects I really must finnish first, but sunny evenings may spur me on... Too many bikes.... too little time...and money....

Thanks again to all concerned and all info greatly recieved......

Always lots of folk on here happy to help, just have to be patient sometimes. Some folk may post and expect an answer in hours, but evidently no ones paid for their knowledge just happy to share information database, and most folk are busy with work, family, life etc, and then theres bikes. Sunny days may mean slow responses Laughing

Post up piccies even if not fully restored or if in bits, we're always happy to see Bimotas in bits, its part of their nature Laughing

Lots of folk helped me on here, and am always grateful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: