Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DUCATI 900SS 1991 Restoration.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Desmo, Llllooooooooooooooooong time No hear, hope all is well matey, and hows the MRs doing?

Simple answer on the "pup" , nope, still waiting on the engine, a rake more bits have been sorted, and I'm waiting for the cold to dissappear so I can do some outside spray painting....been a long cold winter. Been on a few other projects, and sorting the Manchester Bike Show Event that took some effort, but most enjoyable..

Couple of other bikes have turned up, along with something else that I've been fiddling with lately, and quite frankly has swallowed all my spare time Laughing
Update on yourself and life?
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
along with something else that I've been fiddling with lately, and quite frankly has swallowed all my spare time Laughing

Oh really Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats cheating brian, coz you already know..

...needing a bit of tinkering first, but full test ride just around the corner, just hope I'man enough to handle her, Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats cheating brian, coz you already know..

...needing a bit of tinkering first, but full test ride just around the corner, just hope I'man enough to handle her, Shocked
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'nough said... enjoy the test ride. pics not nessesary Very Happy
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are you keeping the red paint scheme on the pup?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeky dog
..that is the New paint scheme, some parts back to original, with upgrades. Elsewhere
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi Desmo, Llllooooooooooooooooong time No hear, hope all is well matey, and hows the MRs doing?

Update on yourself and life?

Yeah, I haven't been here since mid-December. I didn't get much of anything done over the Christmas holidays, and then other things got in the way.

I've done some more flying, am teaching this semester in addition to my regular job, at work they put me in charge of desiging an emissions laboratory from scratch including personnel scheduling, and have been working the last couple of months on trying to buy a second house as rental property and have been tryingn to clean an acre of land the wife picked up back in January.

Wife's doing OK. Her knee is better, but she still hasn't regained all the use in her left shoulder. We are suspecting it is a permanent loss from the accident. She's been working with the horse she bought back in Dec and still has not ridden a bike, again. She's starting to get the itch, so we dropped her R1 off at Computrack and they called this morning to tell us it is all straightened, back together (as I took it to them), and ready to be picked back up.

I took a long period off from bikes. I went from June until a few weeks ago without riding a bike and hadn't really messed with any of them, either. I'm hoping to find some time to start tinkering with them, again, and since riding a few weeks ago, the urge to ride and work on them has returned.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

What's the main hold-up on getting the engine back?
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats a pretty big nutshell Desmo, but then America does have nuts bigger than the average...tee hee.

Good to hear that Mrs Desmo is on the mend, and if you start riding again she may be happier to give it a go. Try not to worry too much about the shoulder, they're very over rated for what they are.

Apologies for the delay been busy with new ride, and that work thingie gets in the way also from time to time.

A very welcome return to the Forum, get your DB2 out and go for a blast and never look back, well until you get home that is, well if you get home that is...she will play up if youre ignoring her.... Laughing

Keep well and best regards to 'er indoors Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh update...soz forgot where this post was posted...pretty much ahve everything ready and refurbed, except the engine, bottom end bearing replacement needed, so splitting the crank and barrels off and seeing what else may need doing, as I've set along a path of it being "better than new" when finished, and "just" the engine to go, parts will be acqua/bead blasted and repainted, and all new bolts etc, and whatever needs doing....Have taken a back seat though as life has changed direction again so pursuing that avenue whilst I have spare time.... Rolling Eyes
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Well thats a pretty big nutshell Desmo,

Trust me. You'd hate to read the detailed version that makes up the bag of nuts. You're much better off with the nutshell version. Laughing

2bims wrote:
but then America does have nuts bigger than the average

The vast majority of my ancestors from boths sides of the family are from England and Wales. Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be the weather over there that makes the nuts bigger then, Over here we just have rusty nuts due to the rain. And shrunken shrivelled nuts when its cold..... Sad Its frigging both at the moment over here, so I reckon your ancestors made the right decision...Just wish mine could have learnt to row a boat and then I wouldnt be moaning so much.. Laughing

Oh, just recalled the Gun Collection...No harm intended...Honest Guv....Meant that were the nutters over here...All Septics are sound in my book....Pretty please beleive me.... Laughing
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued threadjack ("sorry" to the Bimota fans)

2bims wrote:
Over here we just have rusty nuts due to the rain. And shrunken shrivelled nuts when its cold..... Sad Its frigging both at the moment over here

It was 80-degrees (27-C) here today. Bright and sunny. A really nice day, matter of fact. Twisted Evil

2bims wrote:
Oh, just recalled the Gun Collection...No harm intended...Honest Guv....Meant that were the nutters over here...All Septics are sound in my book....Pretty please beleive me.... Laughing

LOL.....Obama and his cronies want to limit what we have over here. It's been a hot topic since December (and another reason I haven't been on here much). I've been pretty active in reloading ammo, built a few more firearms from parts kits, and have gotten back active in a lot of my gun forums these last few months.

I just built this gun for the wife a couple of months ago...

I built another one that has this stock on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WhhKH3QVU&feature=pyv&ad=6832211627&kw=slide%20fire
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries with the "threadjack", we're in "other Chat - None Bimota related" anyhow....And I do dance around anyhow.....

Wow...sitting with my morning toast and coffee and Machine Gun sounds and views...No wonder my neighbours keep selling up and moving on...that combined with Bimotas regularly started (when they do start) and ran around.... Laughing

Dont usually do "pink" unless its on certain objects or areas...but I can respect that one....How did you describe the present for your misses before giving it her? Something hard and pink, multishot, with recoil pump action??? That she simply has to get her hands on? Hope she wasnt dissappointed... Laughing

So whats the new laws going to be? You can only keep what you already have? Sounds a great way to RAPIDLY increase sales and boost the US economy?

They should try to limit the Number of Big Macs you can eat in one day...but not for another year or so....should get you guys back on your feet.... Laughing
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
How did you describe the present for your misses before giving it her?

I slowly pieced it together, and as I found good deals on things, I usually told her about the parts I was buying, so it wasn't a big surprise to her.

2bims wrote:
So whats the new laws going to be? You can only keep what you already have? Sounds a great way to RAPIDLY increase sales and boost the US economy

No idea, yet. They have been debating the bill proposals for the last several weeks and are trying to have a vote on it very soon with them trying to vote on something this week. The potential "damage" could be from doing absolutely nothing to a gun registry, 10+ round magazine ban, a ban on certain firearms (2500+ models have been proposed), mandatory background checks on all transactions even within the same family (heirlooms), mandatory mental health evaluations, and who knows what else.

The market has been absolutely outrageous since the Newtown, Connecticutt, elementary-school shooting back in December. MAGPUL is reportedly backlogged on over 1 million magazine orders (30+ rounds), many AR15 manufacturers are supposed to have backlogs over 18 months, many businesses are refusing to accept backorders, ammo shelves in stores have been literally wiped clean, stores are placing ammo purchase limits when they do get ammo in stock, and the vast majority of firearms have been bought regardless what kind of firearm they are, and in many cases guns are selling for 2-3 times more than they cost back in early December. Some ammo sales have been at 5-times (500% markup) over pre-Newtown prices. It almost made me want to sell a bunch of my stuff and buy a couple more Bimotas.....well, actually a plane and get my pilot's license. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: