Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Historic Write up of DB2 Rebuild/Re-commission, 2010 onwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooooooooooooooo Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets better, the other side is reverse image to the right side, get a painter to do that

Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing my fireblade is in the last shot at the back behind the zx10 ... same colours Wink
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Replacement mirrors I've never seen for the db2 as they have 2 sockets for 2 bolts. Standard Bimota are 2 pins that fit into a clip inside the fairing and one standard bolt in the middle. Theses are exacatly the same as Cagiva Mito 125 mirrors, still available new today, or copied versions but you would have to drill holes for the mirrors, or they may match what you have already

I was skimming through the forum and reread this post about the mirrors. Are you saying that the stock mirrors on the DB2 should be like the 748/916/996 bikes where there are two pins that go into clips and then a single bolt in the middle securing them? Or are you saying that the DB2 mirrors are different than the other mirrors? My DB2 has no signs of ever having the clips and doesn't have the third hole in the middle. Mine seem to have always been secured with two bolts or threaded studs on the mirrors. The mirrors that my bike came with were just cheap universal ones where the mounting bolt distance is by way of slots that allow the bolt width to be adjustable.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
philfingers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in those pics they look the same as the 916 items that are fitted to the YB11 as standard
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also look the same as the SB6/6R
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be over to Bimotanige for confirmation with his DB2, but mine has carbon fibre mirrors as opposed to plastic. Exact same shape and style as the Mito/748/916/YB11 etc, but mine have 2 bolts per mirror and there is no evidence of there being any clips on the inside of the fairing, just holes for the 2 bolts on the bracket arms
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...mine have 2 bolts per mirror and there is no evidence of there being any clips on the inside of the fairing, just holes for the 2 bolts on the bracket arms

Just the way mine are.

I rode my DB2 today and my aftermarket mirrors are crap. They work and they allow me to see, but the tension around the adjustment is almost no more, so I constantly have to reach up and readjust them, especially after doing a high speed run or hamming it pretty hard. I just got home, readjusted them, and put some silicone sealant on them in hopes that they won't move as easily. I think I'll start looking for some more replacement mirrors for it. I wish the mirrors from my wife's 2000 R1 would fit, but the mounting holes are too far apart.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, none of the Bimota mirrors work particulalry well, a quick look over the shoulder being the only answer or lifting your arm and peering down to see in the mirror. Mine don't work lose at all on the lens, they are really stiff to adjust still, but I rarely move them. I've seen carbon ones before on an SB7 but no other. Cagiva Mito are still available and NOS ones come up from time to time on German ebay,, but pretty sure they are YB11 types with 2 pins that fit into clips and only one central bolt.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, my mirror mountings only have two holes for solid -not pin fixing. My mirrors have the cagiva elephant on them rather than being badged bimota as on the others I have. As with all Bimota's the mirrors are designed for riders that are 5ft tall as I look at the ground besides the bike when sat normally!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there we go, a second DB2 with 2 bolts for mirrors instead of pins, mine though has a gold bimota log sticker coz they're carbon fibre rather than moulded plastic. Others like on YB11's have a cast bimota log or the elephant from Cagiva, whatever they had to hand I suppose, or whichever supplier still trusted their credit worthiness at the time Rolling Eyes
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that this helps with the DB2 difference's but Bimota mirrors are Cagiva Mito , the 916 ones I bought have a different angle on the base. Incidently, the mito ones are slightly different also as have to have them fully adjusted were as the original DB4 ones where just adjusted slightly.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
To be honest, none of the Bimota mirrors work particulalry well

They do on a Mantra
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh apologies Garry, how is it the Mantra is always forgotten as being a Bimota? Hhmmm may start a riot there.
Got another Bike mag review for you next time I'm over, Mantra again, but on foreign plates, so not your baby.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well theres always a slight update as old bits wear out and new bits are added, or just things that I wasn't happy with in the first place.

Since fitting the triple white veglia clocks I had fitted a one dimensional carbon plate surround to hide the horrible ageing grey foam, but was simply not happy with it, and after I found a 3 dimensional one that wraps around the foam, well I had to didn't I. But such was the quality of the item, no "tear off" sticky pads, Oh no, this one fits behind the clocks for a better fit, no gaps, and so no tinker cn rip it ff and steal it...Sooo......

Ruddy Fairing off, front mudgaurd lowered for clearance of one piece fairing, headlight off, tacho and speedo cables off, connecting cables off, tacho, temp gauge and speedo back lights off, pull off the clocks,

Oh and then its pull the clocks out of their binnacles, old carbon surround off, started to reassemble after a break, realising later I'd forgotten to put the ruddy carbon surround in place, so take 2 steps back and recommence

Side view of new surround, hiding the rubber foam and "old" one dimensional flat carbon surround

Clcoks refitted, just need to put the fairing, indicators, mirrors and mudguard back on....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: