Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Historic Write up of DB2 Rebuild/Re-commission, 2010 onwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that its nearly all over, could I wet your appetite with a similar follow up on her big brother? Quite time consuming these threads (thanks Oily)
Lets say 6 yesses and I could be tempted to do the YB11 write up also

Oh Uh Mrs a naked YB11

And one with clothes on

Anyone interested in the in-between?

And now to close this epic passion of lust, love, labour sweat, toil and considerable wedge of the folding stuff, I leave you with the back end of the DB2, the view that most folk inevitable end up with before she dissappears into the horizon, And in case you're wondering, the plate came with the YB11 and I swopped it over to the DB2

Ciao, Hands up please for any questions, all comments invited, plaudits, criticisms you name it, I'm big and ugly enough to take it

Hasta La vista Baby (My spanish is better than my Italian)
oily

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesses
yesses

yesses
yesses

yesses
yesses
Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
yesses
yesses

yesses
yesses

yesses
yesses
Wink

Seeing as the threads take twice as long to write answering your questions I'll count your six yesses as a Half, and I feel thats quite generous (tee Hee Very Happy ) But cheers anyhow Oily, inspire me further with your Sb6 rebuild
djt77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes yes yes yes yes yes (does that count as 3?)
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up and story 2bims, i can't believe the amount of cool bikes there are available in the UK, it was really sad seeing the condition of the bikes when you bought them, but what a great resto you have done.

You have got me wanting a DB now Shocked There is an interesting one on Aus eBay at the moment, all carbon with forged wheels Very Happy

Oh and yes yes yes for the YB story...

Cheers

Steve
oily

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Quite time consuming these threads (thanks Oily)

You think that's time consuming Shocked
try doing it "real time" Wink

I would have finished this resto by now if I didn't keep taking pictures, uploading, re-sizing, posting etc. etc.

But it is my winter project and there's a fair bit of winter to go yet Laughing

and on that note..............
philfingers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. The issue with the switches and electicals are that when not used the contacts oxidise. oxidises too much and they won't flow any current. If they start to conduct then the oxide layer will mostly burn off. This is common on contacts used in hydraulic pressure (brake) switch, and fornt brake switch. Which incidentally I can supply the latter for pint of beer. Despite being £22 from ducati they're something like £1.20 from RS.
Great write up and I for one would love to see a YB11 thread.
Both bikes have had some amount of money spent by the previous owner and yourself.
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

If I ever decide to repaint my DB2 (and repair the fairing where it is cut-out at the clutch), I think I may steal this color scheme from you. I like it a lot better than the tri-color that is on my bike.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Desmo_Demon"]
2bims wrote:
[If I ever decide to repaint my DB2 (and repair the fairing where it is cut-out at the clutch), I think I may steal this color scheme from you. I like it a lot better than the tri-color that is on my bike.

Well that wouldn't be a crime in itself, and not that likely that the 2 bikes would ever meet unless global warming dries up the Atlantic. Colour scheme came from Corse racing colours, used by Japanese stylers and also on a bike that once held the Land speed record for a standard engined production Bike, done in USA, as attached

Can you top up your oil levels with the cut out in the Fairing?. If I undo my Fairing but not remove then I can just reach down and take the cap off and then via a funnel and a long tube held straight with a welding rod, I can then pour oil into the crankcase without having to remove the fairing, bit of a faff really.

Replacement mirrors I've never seen for the db2 as they have 2 sockets for 2 bolts. Standard Bimota are 2 pins that fit into a clip inside the fairing and one standard bolt in the middle. Theses are exacatly the same as Cagiva Mito 125 mirrors, still available new today, or copied versions but you would have to drill holes for the mirrors, or they may match what you have already

And here is a you tube video of A sb8r IN jAPAN, hence why the previous owner went for gold wheels, same paint scheme, but I prefer the white ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23HP0bYHXE
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liking the sb6 colour scheme. I am yet to finalize the colours for my DB2 but they will have to be very retro traditional. When I get the bodywork done you'll understand why ... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're keeping it all very Secret Pomps, is it going to be solely track focused or road registered?
Theres a new V-due headlight on Ebay if you're interested which is the same shape as the Db2 one.
What are you doing with the ricambi Weiss bodywork, as from recollection it comes without cutouts? i.e. no headlight cutout, and thers no vents either with the mesh grilles?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and heres an SB6 in Corse colours bur purple instead of red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUbF_-K1-7c
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its going to be road registered. Tempted to give you a hint but dont want to blow the surprise! Anyway, you might all hate it that much it will put me off Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us on here are old enough and ugly enough to just ignore most other peoples thoughts and considerations, so I wouldn't worry about that. Bimota Owners are hardly "follow the flock" type of folk
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It couldn't be that you're considering the Bimota race colour scheme used on a tesi, and also as was previously on my DB2 are you? As strange as it sounds I almost considered putting it back to that colour myself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: