Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madasfook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like you may be from a sunny place by the look of your pictures not like here as it always rains Shocked
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just realized you're in Melbourne? Even though I meant the Exmouth in UK and not west aus he can still look after you if you need it!
kev

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

Hi, im Kev from Manchester, recent owner of an sb6 been looking for years, anyway finally took the plunge after losing my Laverda in a fire. Ill post a pic when ive sussed it, so Hi to all no doubt ill be pestering you soon.
Cheers Kev
oily

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kev Welcome to the nut zone Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Hey Kevin, welcome on board. I see you have outstanding taste in which Bimota to get! I am having some mods done to mine at the moment due to a day 1 side stand incident... watch out as they have a very poor balance point and any incline into the stand will cause the bracket to bend and buckle due to no give in the arm. Nightmare. I get it back early next month so watch this space.
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

My name is Johan and i live in Holland...i am now a few days on this forum because in holland the bimota forum is gone and not visited by much people.
This summer i've bought my first bimota (after a long time saving money).
I now ride a SB8R Special.
It is a very nice bike and this winter i wan't to make some custom modififing (led blinkers integrated rear blinkers etc).
If someone is interested in a led rear light with integrated blinkers for a SB8R i can send you a link..
Will post some pictures when everything is done.
kind regards johan

My bike history:
Gilera SP01, Gilera SP02, Gilera GFR SP,Suzuki RGV 250
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johan, I hope you kept a few of those old bikes... always room for a 2 stroker in the garage!
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Johan can you send me the link for the rear light please ....John
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off course:
http://cgi.ebay.de/RUCKLICHT-LED-LEXUS-MIT-CE-BLINKER-NITRO-YAMAHA-AEROX_W0QQitemZ350116652701QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorrad_Kraftradteile?hash=item350116652701&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

maybe you can find it in the UK the rear light of a bimota sb8r is the same as a yamaha aerox / mbk nitro.

hope this will help you
regards johan
The Saint

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hi from Australia.. Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:

Do any of you know where i can get the artwork for the SB6 decals for the ducktail?

Steve,
Check out http://www.tapeworks.com/
Ask for Rob. They can reproduce just about anything.

Good luck.
rpo83

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

email sent, i have a couple of people looking out for me, let's hope i can find something, although the lack of stickers on the bike is starting to appeal to me, no-one knows what the hell it is Very Happy I was going to put the bimota sticker back on the tank, but i prefer the no sticker look for the tank.

Nice SB6 Saint, i really like that colour scheme, there is one on eBay Australia at the moment. Tell me, does the US version have two smaller batteries behind the headlight or one standard one?

Steve
The Saint

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:

Nice SB6 Saint, i really like that colour scheme, there is one on eBay Australia at the moment. Tell me, does the US version have two smaller batteries behind the headlight or one standard one?

Steve

Thanks Steve. 2 batteries on my bike.

My bike has the most common paint and graphics. I don't remember the exact production numbers off the top of my head, but of the 1144 SB6s made, there were over 700 produced in the red/white/carbon. Plus more than 300 of the dark gray with red stripes, and I think about 22 of the gray only.
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Giorgio Sarti "Bimota 25 years of excellence" Hard cover book.

The most expensive book i have ever bought. The photography and knowledge is amazing though, worth every cent.

Of the 1144 SB6's made, 790 were white-red-carbon. 332 were red-dark grey. And 22 only grey.

In the book it states "A second batch of SB6's, marketed beginning in 1995, presents these modifications: rear bodyshell reinforced with 3 layers of carbon fibre and sheathed on the interior with heat reflecting material, reinforced muffler supports, new marchesini wheels, instuments with easier to read scales, carbon fibre dashboard."

Mine must be one of these, i have the marchesinis, no numbers on how many came with these mods. Some of the red-white-carbon bikes i have seen has carbon dashboard. The switch gear on my bike has been a problem, i needed a choke cable, so i went to the local Suzuki dealer and ordered a water cooled 1100 cable. It fitted beautifully at the carb, the length was OK but it would not mate with my switch block. After trawling through wreckers, i discovered the switch block was a Honda item!!!

I plan to buy a Suzuki block and get a mate to wire it to the bimota connector.
The Saint

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
I bought the Giorgio Sarti "Bimota 25 years of excellence" Hard cover book.

The most expensive book i have ever bought. The photography and knowledge is amazing though, worth every cent.

Of the 1144 SB6's made, 790 were white-red-carbon. 332 were red-dark grey. And 22 only grey.

In the book it states "A second batch of SB6's, marketed beginning in 1995, presents these modifications: rear bodyshell reinforced with 3 layers of carbon fibre and sheathed on the interior with heat reflecting material, reinforced muffler supports, new marchesini wheels, instuments with easier to read scales, carbon fibre dashboard."

Mine must be one of these, i have the marchesinis, no numbers on how many came with these mods. Some of the red-white-carbon bikes i have seen has carbon dashboard.

I have the Sarti book too. I was just too lazy to go get the exact production numbers!

Mine is a '95 and has all the upgrades, including the carbon dash. The wheels are MUCH nicer than the '94 wheels IMO. I'd like to see more pictures of you bike if you don't mind. I really like the way it looks now. Very sharp.
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,
finally my photo on the forum it is not supersize but it's the best i can get.
hope you like it as much as i do.
(p.s the leathers are a ben bostrom replica of his suit at laguna seca 2000).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: