Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Heel plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject: Heel plate Reply with quote

Hoping someone can help. Looking for a heel plate, right hand side for SB6R. Pretty sure the DB4 one also fits. Have tried Bimota classic parts but they can't help.. Here's hoping!
mfennell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a shop in Australia that seems to be parting an SB6R. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=nomisetat&store_cat=0&store_name=centrepointwholesale&_oac=1&_nkw=sb-6r

I have a db4 and would be happy to take detailed pics and measurements if it would help to get one fabbed. Is pretty simple (but the left side would be easier!).
Heath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply and kind offer to measure. The one breaking on ebay doesn't have the heel plate. Bimota Classic Spares appear to offer an alternative, not exactly the same but is probably my best bet.
mfennell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's been hard for you to source because they sold a lot of bikes w/o them.

Iconic Auctions in the US just sold an SB6R. No right side heel plate. Looking back at the 6 SB6/SB6Rs they've sold, including the SB6 my friend bought with 457 miles on it, I only see one bike with a heel plate. There's a period pic of an SB6-R on the cover of the "Bimota Limited Edition Extra" book, a collection of magazine tests. No plate.

So it seems like one of those Bimota things whether they installed one or not.

I know that's not very helpful. I just found it interesting. Very Happy
Heath

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had noticed the same thing! Hopefully the " alternative" will be ok.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo Heath....It was an optional extra in the parts catalogue.....they made a carbon fibre one which covered the rear brake master and rubber coated brake light solenoid also....here on the Forum I loaned my genuine one out and we had a whole bunch made up....the bolt spacing and set up between db2, db4 and SB6 SB6R is all the same....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: