Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vyrs 986 M2 Custom and Vyrus 50C32T

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knolly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Vyrs 986 M2 Custom and Vyrus 50C32T Reply with quote

Located in the USA - looking to sell the final two bikes from my hub center steering collection as I move on to four wheeled adventures.

First up: Vyrus 986 M2. This is a chassis Vyrus designed to race in Moto2. It was built by Woolie of Woolie's Workshop, formerly of Deus Ex and builder of bikes for the likes of Dani Pedrosa and Alpinestars (as well as celebrities, but hey we're on a moto forum so I'll focus on Dani).

The brief with this bike was to have custom bodywork exposing as much of the mechanics as possible. The bodywork was hand sculpted by Woolie before being laid in carbon fiber, the one exception is the carbon seat piece which is a structural part from Vyrus.

Other mechanical tidbits are that it has a rebuilt motor from Fuzzy of Fuzimoto that has a 2mm overbore kit and dynoed at 135 hp. A full titanium SC Project exhaust from a Forward Racing's Moto2 spare parts bin. Vyrus optional parts include Rotobox carbon fiber wheels (the front wheel is custom for Vyrus as you'd expect) and Ohlins springs.

The short of it is I had some other aspirations when I commissioned this build and my relationship with this hobby has changed a lot since then. This thing would be an absolutely unique weapon and I'd love to see it get into the hands of someone ready to put it to work. Other than brief runs to verify that bike is mechanically sound it has not been rode since it was built.

It is in expectedly great condition with small surface scratches here and there from general being carted around/worked on. I'm happy to get more details for interested parties.

Every time I post something about this bike I get death threats for daring to customize a Vyrus - feel free to do that but I'll be ignoring them Wink

The second half of this is a Vyrus 50C32T. A pocket bike made as a bit of a demo by Vyrus, they built 8 of these and as far as I'm aware, the only other one in the USA is in the Barber Museum. It has a Polini 2-stroke motor supposedly good for 13 hp. The only addition I made was a custom fabbed kickstand to make moving it around a bit easier.

The plastic pieces show wear of their age and cracks around some screw holes.

Lots of additional info and photos are available to an interested party, just shoot me a PM. I'd love to sell these both to the same person if possible. Located in Indiana and the package deal would be $60K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: