Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V Due engine (full fat on carbs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

All okay and initial tests passed….just down to the MOT station for final step before registration …the Tamburini /Cagiva /Bimota V due engined prototype has its final machined section added

I have a question for those running pre mix…..what fuel to oil ratio are you running.

I have been running 33 to 1 during running in and build up but it’s a bit smokey…….I cut it down to 40 to 1 and better but the engine feels better at about 33 to 1……using IPONE fully synthetic and mixing up prior to putting in tank….using the standard e10 fuel by the way.

Any advise from the aromatic and stained section of Bimota ownership….much appreciated

Thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be so cheap with your petrol....shell supreme vmax 99 grade....sack that e10 muck....your carbs won't like it....smokey is norm on start up and warm up....try riding it and you'll find it far less smokey when on the fly...how much splurge is coming out of the end cans?...my kdx220 I run on 33:1...which is kawasaki recommended....never had a plug foul...always kicks up first or second prod..always smokey on choke and start up...for the 1st half mile of running.....if it aint broke..dont fix it

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Matty82

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Full fat Reply with quote

Hi Gavin

I’m with Steve here, definitely do not use E10 it’s a must must to use E5 there’s so much ethanol in the newer stuff that it ruins the engine. I promise you you do not wanna be using it. If I had a choice I’d run race fuel only in my bike’s however getting hold of enough is pretty tricky still. Run the best quality fuel you can, the cheapness in the end will cost you an engine.
As for oil, i run 40;1 But you will hear a lot of different ratios and different oils that people run.

Keep up the good work.
Anders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
UPDATE

I have a question for those running pre mix…..what fuel to oil ratio are you running.

On most modern MX / enduro twostrokes, we run 2% or even less. On my Gasgas EC200 I run 2%, while a friend on a Sherco 125 used 1.8% oil in the premix.

My enduro bike lives a pretty easy life, but my mate (he is an adult weighing in at 80-90 kg) used his 125cc on wide open throttle much of the time.
nobbychap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin.
I am building a VDUE track bike and need some help.
Is there a way of contacting you?
Cheers, Nobby
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobbychap wrote:
Hi Gavin.
I am building a VDUE track bike and need some help.
Is there a way of contacting you?
Cheers, Nobby

You post on here or send him a pm....I helped a friend build a track bike Vdue also...and theres a few helpful folk still on here.....or sign up to the Bimota UK Owners FB group...it has more traffic than on here....What point are you starting from?...i.e. frame...engine...wheels...suspension swinging arm....or just an engine wedged into something else? Some folk cut and chop to fit into an Aprilia RS250 chassis....
nobbychap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new EF engine (in bits) with a lot of odd mods. It is to run with no oil pump. Different race cranks, billet heads, mikuni carbs etc. New frame, and factory race swing arm (longer than std)

Looking at different ways of running sparks and power valves.

Really needing exhausts, lightweight wheels if poss.

I also have and will be putting up for sale as wont need -

Dellorto 39 carbs, with cables etc.
Brand new genuine fairing
Brand new genuine seat
Brand new tank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: