Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is the Tesi 500 on display somewhere?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steff_dk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject: Is the Tesi 500 on display somewhere? Reply with quote

I am looking at this picture and wondering if that bike is on display somewhere where it can be taken in in real life instead of pictures.

Does anyone know if there is a factory museum or maybe a collection where this bike is viewable?

I know there may be one similar with Piero Caronni in Meda but I think it has a slightly different back-end and exhaust ...

Many thanks!

Last edited by steff_dk on Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
steff_dk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the same question to Bimota and received the following:

the Tesi500 got destroyed in an accident in 1994.

A collector rebuild a similar bike with the parts he has find in the obsolete warehouse of Bimota.

If you want to see this replica please contact :

http://www.vdue.it/

Mr. Piero Caronni.

So I guess my dreams of a pilgrimage to see the original has been shattered ... Rolling Eyes
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steff....and apologies...I dont check in here very often....|There were 2 No. Bimota Tesi 500's...One a race bike and one a street bike...as all Vdues were going to be Tesi based....but it was considered it would make the bike far too expensive to sell, hence they changed to conventional....

I know Piero personally and have been to his factory and collection several times....its private though...BUT....both of the above bikes that he owned...are now sold....the street bike was incomplete....a blown engine and no bodywork...and the race bike...it had been completely restored back to factory fresh...paint and engine and everything...but...it was sold last year and now lives with the street bike...in a private collection in Portugal....the new owner I know, also bought the bodywork moulds and a spare engine and intends to restore and finish the street bike also
steff_dk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting 2bims

Thank you for shedding some light on the story of the prototypes Very Happy
trev45

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see there being looked after and restored they are a great bikes

Cheers Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: