Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 exhaust header (s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject: DB2 exhaust header (s) Reply with quote

as it says..... anyone got spare header pipes for a DB2 lying about. Really only need the front one but open to offers.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now tracked down a time served metal polisher who feels ha can ‘recover’ the pitted front header! Watch this space!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why you didnt buy the ones I sent you a link to? In Oz...Youre never going to find just one...or even at the money you allocate as "acceptable"...
Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will these work?

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f1038937803?conversionType=search_suggest
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try jaguar...and yes they are labelled as DB2...but they are DB4....the heat shield on the back header gives it away....and they both end up on the RHS for entry into a single side slung end can rather than up and over for twin underseat units
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
And why you didnt buy the ones I sent you a link to? In Oz...Youre never going to find just one...or even at the money you allocate as "acceptable"...

I was prepared to buy both. As it happens I fond this polisher that I could trust and who has worked miracles on the rusted originals. Better than new now. I'm probably going to cerakote them, but in any case I'll post up hotos of the exhaust 'Journey' once its all finished.

This is the polisher that S&T plating use for their high end stuff along with sverl classic car resoreres and others. A really nice guy. Saw him this week and he was polishing a omplete set of fittings prior to chroming for a RIVA motor launch, the Ferrari and Rolls royce combined of the boat world. I was happy to trust him with my few parts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: