Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike Show 2022 - 29th and 30th January 2022

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Interested in Showing your Bimota?
Bringing a Bimota
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Helping to set up/break down
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Happy to come along and chat about Bimotas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Manchester Bike Show 2022 - 29th and 30th January 2022 Reply with quote

Well Folks.....this 2020 show is now scheduled for 2022...Last weekend in January....the Sat and Sunday

All entrants welcome...as hopefully Boris is letting matters be what they be....get vaccintated or not....get a passport or not...live or die....lets just get on with our lives and forget the politics.

THeres plans for 4 No. "1 of 1" bimotas to be there...where they only made one of each....all previous exhibitors more than welcome once again...and any newbies also are more than welcome...we have an allotted 12 x 12m space to fill....

Words from the ORganiser:-

MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW
29 & 30 JANUARY 2022, EVENTCITY
EVENTCITY, PHOENIX WAY, OFF BARTON DOCK ROAD
MANCHESTER, M41 7TB

A December Update
I just thought I would drop you a quick email as we are now 5-6 weeks from the doors opening at the Manchester Bike Show.

I attended Motorcycle Live at the NEC on the Tuesday as I usually do. The NEC’s requirement to produce a vaccine passport in order to gain entry to the venue didn’t seem to cause any upset despite it not being a legal requirement at the time. There were signs up at the entrance requesting that visitors wear face masks but once inside the show perhaps 5-10% of visitors and even fewer of the exhibitors did so and this also seemed to be the case when the Motorcycle Show was recorded at the NEC on a different day. It was great to see so many people I hadn’t seen for over two years and most of them seemed quite pleased to see me too! I left the venue clutching a number of bookings for Manchester and the feeling that if nothing changed we would be able to run a successful show in January. However within 24 hours everything was changed by the televised Downing Street press briefing with Boris telling us to cautiously carry on with our lives as planned and Chris Whitty telling us that if we did the country could be in a whole lot of trouble very quickly.

That briefing took place two weeks ago to the day which amply serves to demonstrate how quickly things have moved on and my own personal feelings are that had it not been for Christmas the country would already be in some form of lockdown. Whatever your politics and whatever you feel about the way the last two years have been handled it is hardly a secret that tighter restrictions are on their way very soon after Christmas although what form these restrictions take and how long they will last depends very much on the data on the new variant. Therefore as far as the bike show is concerned our current position is that the event will go ahead at the end of January unless the government (and/or the venue) tell us differently and we will adhere to whatever restrictions are in place at the time. We really do want the show to go ahead as planned because on paper we have a really good event lined up for everyone to enjoy but whether it does or not is really out of our hands. We will of course keep you up to date immediately any changes do occur.

Thank you for your continued encouragement and support.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Kind regards

Andrew Greenwood
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really???/....No responses whatsoever from anyone?....I'm close to pulling the plug on this show if theres only going to be me there......I understand all have their own choices in life...quite literally....so I'm looking for responses....emphatic yes or No...usual suspects please and anyone else new, thanks
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame mate. I know how much effort that you always put into making these shows the success that they are. The whole world is pretty fucked up at the moment and i thought that people would be jumping at the chance to do some really cool motorcycle stuff for a weekend to ease the 'pain' a little. I know i'd certainly jump at the chance to attend if i could.

Good luck 2bims
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya Brian...but times have changed...certainly for the older generation...I'm seeing some folk who are vaccinated now taking even more precautions than I would have believed of them in the way that I know them.....and some others thinking "is it worth the risk"......even all bimota owners were in their 20's or 30's it wouldnt matter.....as thats the geneation thats deemed themselves indestrucible.....and I get that from when I was that age....we'll see....theres 3 of us at the moment that are confirmed....all in 50's 60's and 70's.....so thats 8 bimotas at least....
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too busy with work and not exactly local otherwise I may have been interested......

good luck
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add there are similar threads on a few other sites I visit so your not the only one........
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
just to add there are similar threads on a few other sites I visit so your not the only one........

In what way? that clubs are having hard work drumming up folk to show etc??
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically yes......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: