Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 paint schemes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: DB2 paint schemes Reply with quote

There are arguments for and against mucking around with the Bimota paint schemes. Some (e.g Kinetic Art) were of a period and probably wouldnt be repeated anytime soon (but I remember visiting IOM TT in 80s when there were any number of Z900 and GS100s in metalflake and candy schemes. Any does anybody remember the lurid 'Read Titan' Hondas of 70's/80's?)

In any case here are some alternative paint schemes for the DB2 that I have spotted over the years.

I'll just post what I think are the road bikes first!

Starting with the two Kinetic Art paint jobs and 2 Bims current (MotoCorse inspired?) paint job

The wonderful 1 of one Moto Corse built/modified DB2 with some subtle paint and graphics changes compared to the standard factory finish below

and theres are plenty more variations and divergences from the standard scheme!

(Ivy racing are a well known bike shop in Japan, like Redbro)

Standard scheme but red/silver rather than red/white)

(UK bike recently featured on Pistonheads, supposedly for sale?)

(UK bike )

and finally, not standard seat or fairing but....

I'm including it anyway just so I can drool over those 'Corse' exhausts!

I'm sure all these bikes were (are?) loved by their owners and surely thats what matters most.

Thats all, happy viewing and merry Christmas to all!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the Good work Ralph.....some very nice schemes there.....even if some are quite lurid by todays standards....what surprises me is theres been 110 page views of your post since the 19th December.....which shows the Forum is still very active at least from the lurkers point of view....Are you tempted by any of them as a "change" from standard for any of your DB's?
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Paint schemes Reply with quote

I have indeed looked at these (and others) for inspiration. Amazing the difference the red/silver is from the standard red/white. Even with the same pattern.

What became clear as I tried to think of something original is that what works on a full fairing rarely translates well to half fairing and belly pan.

Think I am near a final concept but will keep it under wraps until it becomes reality.
DB1 860

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say my favorite color scheme is 2 Bims DB2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: