Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

General clutch type question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewWA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: General clutch type question Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I've had a BB1 for 20 odd years and the next house we move to will have a decent sized workshop so I'll be looking to get a project or two on the go.

So without further ado, does anyone know of clutches from any other bikes that will fit in place of the one in the BB1 ? - It's not that I want to transplant a random clutch it is more than I'm looking to see if anyone makes a slipper clutch ( as no one seems to for the Rotax engine ) but perhaps if there were a bike with a similar spec clutch there may be a fitment listed somewhere.

On a related note has anyone fitted a slipper clutch into a Supermono and if so what kind of engineering gymnastics were required ?

Hope everyone is well - Andrew
brian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andrew. There's not all that many BB1 owners active here, but hopefully someone may be able to answer your questions. Are you planning on racing the BB1? Not sure i'd bother with a slipper clutch unless i was going to race it.

Cheers,
Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Anders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also owned my BB1 for around 20 years. I use it on the roads and on tracks. I have also been looking for a slipper clutch from time to time, but have not found any so far.
I know that Team Pami built dry clutches for these engines, but I don't know if slipper clutch was an option when they did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: