Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Galleria Cranleigh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nito

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Galleria Cranleigh Reply with quote

Good morning Folks,

Does anyone here remember visiting Galleria in the late 90’s and seeing an SB2 loitering around there?

I’m trying to piece together my bikes past history and have been taken on an interesting journey following the trail of bread crumbs. I have found out from a friend of my bikes now deceased (second) owner, that my SB2 was purchased from Galleria as a bike with race history requiring some restoration. I’ve heard from someone else that it was an ex Dixon’s bike that Galleria had in. Others have said they saw one in Galleria’s store room. Much of this is just from snippets I’ve read in places. Seems to be around the time the V-Due was on sale.

If anyone happened to have any pics of it there or further info that would be an added bonus!!

Thank you
Nito
DRUKIMPORTS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Gallarea Cranleigh Reply with quote

Hi Nito. I was workshop manager for Dixon Racing in the late 70s until the 80s.
I built all of the Dixon Bimotas, SB2,SB3,SB2/80,KB1,KB2,YB1/2,HB2, including an SB3 and an SB2/80 that gained Six World Speed records at Elvinton and a SB2 race bike for TT rider Bill Smith.
I also did all the Yoshimura engine tuning in house.
Unfortunately with old age and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome my memory isn't as good anymore.
Please PM me if possible.
Regards Colin.
Nito

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you Colin for reaching out, I have sent you a pm.

Kind regards
Nito
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: