Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 projector beam headlight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject: DB2 projector beam headlight Reply with quote

My DB2 has a single beam headlight and I was recently able to find a dual beam projector beam headlight.

Is there a wiring loom to make this one work?

I know it was an “optional” accessory here in the USA, but did it come with the needed wiring?

Any help would be appreciated!

Minneapolis, MN USA

Bimota x2, BMW, Ducati and vintage Vespa
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a straight fit....wiring wise at least......The brass spade connecters simply pull off the single beam lamp unit and push fit onto the connecters of the twin beam unit....As thats what I did with my DB2.....retro fitting a Vdue projecter twin beam unit where once there was a single beam unit...

THeres a side light bulb....for the sidelight unit....unless you have the extra light and cut out above the fairing headlight like EU models?....THe main bulb on the original unit has 2 spade connecters and one earth from recollection....One is for main beam and one is for FULL BEam.....the full beam spade goes onto the projecter unit and the remainer on the other...and theres an earth point for the last connecter.....test before fitting fairing....the "flasher"...main projecter beam should come on.....dip....the left lamp from the front of the bike should come on...Hi...that lamp should go off and the projecter beam come on....I hate electrics...yet it was a doddle....even the spades are the right size...all i used was small electrical pliers to eases the clips off and on to the new unit....Do you have the rubber bellows that cover and close the unit? 2 No.? Dont forget to feed the right wires through these first...Unlike what I did....Grrghhhhhh

What you will find though....is that the depth of the projecter beam casing fouls the run of the speedo drive cable to the front wheel....So I cut a slot in the black plastic casing for it to run through...

Last edited by 2bims on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find on the back of the speedo clocks....theres a U shaped base plate with 2 screws, holding the speedo drive unit in place....you can remove this and rotate or flip the plate to get a different angle and routing of the speedo drive cable...and then refit....
RandyK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, thanks for quick reply Steve!

Where the wiring connects to the loom there is only one 3 prong connector coming out of it. Maybe the unit I have is different from the one you fitted to your vDue? There are 2 separate bulbs required, as well as the small hole for the “parking” light that I plan to just place a rubber plug in.

I’m thinking the only way is to splice in 3 additional wires to a new 3 prong connector???

Minneapolis, MN USA

Bimota x2, BMW, Ducati and vintage Vespa
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Emails.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: