Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Uk headlight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luciousesox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Uk headlight Reply with quote

Having just failed the MOT because the headlight is designed for driving on the left. I took the headlight off but it’s a sealed unit ( access to change bulbs only ) had anyone found a way to open the unit up ? If it’s possible I can just put a piece of black tape over the lense to bring it up to uk MOT standard.
I assume the chances of finding a UK headlight are next to none !
Bimota YB9, RD500,Z1 1974,Z1 1975, Benelli 750sei, 900sei, GPZ 750 turbo, Rudge super sport, S.O.S, BSA Rkt 3 1969, 1966 Bonnie, Egli Vincent 1954,Guzzi 850T, Commando fastback, Commando Interstate, Enfield Interceptor 69, 72 H2, 69 H1, Suzy Gt750 J
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a twin beam unit? Or single beam with a side light bulb?....You can buy UK ones....Yamaha FZR400RR units......MZ skorpion also....I used to have a UK unit but sold it recently....I'd put tape on it...which is legal for an MOT....And then I'd take my bike to a different MOT place where the tester is a biker
luciousesox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a twin beam unit, I’ve found a single uk one but much prefer the look of the twin, the guy said I can put a black piece of tape over but not on the outside ( strange ) only on the inside.
I suppose I could buy the uk unit and change it over after, just a pain taking the fairing off.
Bimota YB9, RD500,Z1 1974,Z1 1975, Benelli 750sei, 900sei, GPZ 750 turbo, Rudge super sport, S.O.S, BSA Rkt 3 1969, 1966 Bonnie, Egli Vincent 1954,Guzzi 850T, Commando fastback, Commando Interstate, Enfield Interceptor 69, 72 H2, 69 H1, Suzy Gt750 J
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your MOT man is wrong there.....change your garage....its no different to the deflector pads that Halfords sell for cars going to Europe....and they all stick on the outside of the lens....ONLY if a new bike has to go to a VOSA station for an MSVA test does it need to be either a flat beam or kick up to the left...instead of the right.....DEFO change your garage for MOT;s vote with your feet
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FZR400 is a twin light set up, although with 2 standard bulbs/lens not the episudal high beam setup.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expensive bulbs though eh?
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Expensive bulbs though eh?

Yeah they are special bulbs but £5 each rather than £1.50 for a H7 halogen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: