Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BB1 Race Bike

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: BB1 Race Bike Reply with quote

https://meticulousmoto.com/classifieds/271/bimota-supermono-factory-race-bike/general/?fbclid=IwAR2THSs-87JoVdi_tX_ejXdZoE3Yc4UFvNk2FYxHwbnkJnqVXvm7x0gDsko

When it was listed at Iconic, they didnt say it was a factory bike.
Now the claim is that it is?

Also the claim if it being in amazing shape, but the iconic pictures were more "as raced"
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having sold my SB8R to Adam way before he opened Iconic I can tell you he’s a straight shooter. Dealing with high profile clients on both sides of the isle he is very mindful of his reputation.

You can always email your questions to Iconic.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam does seem like an honest guy. Talked to him a couple of times on bikes.

He also seems to be able to get AMAZING prices for stuff via Iconic.
Must have a line of "money no object" buyers out there.

The BB1 is now being offered by a restoration shop, and not through Iconic.
jatexup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: BB1 Reply with quote

Hi folks, although I don’t know the bike personally I do however know the owner Paul Murphy. To say that his skills and bikes are beyond perfection, in my opinion is a gross understatement. He currently has his absolutely pristine SB2 on display in the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles in the Silver Shotgun exhibition. When I first met Paul in Rimini for the 2006 Motogiro d’Italia event that year (me on my SB7), I had the opportunity to have a quick ride on his superbly prepared SB4. I certainly wouldn’t either doubt his credentials or hesitate buying a bike from him.
jatexup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: BB1 Reply with quote

Hi folks, although I don’t know the bike personally I do however know the owner Paul Murphy. To say that his skills and bikes are beyond perfection, in my opinion is a gross understatement. He currently has his absolutely pristine SB2 on display in the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles in the Silver Shotgun exhibition. When I first met Paul in Rimini for the 2006 Motogiro d’Italia event that year (me on my SB7), I had the opportunity to have a quick ride on his superbly prepared SB4. I certainly wouldn’t either doubt his credentials or hesitate buying a bike from him.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:

The BB1 is now being offered by a restoration shop, and not through Iconic.

I realize that. My suggestion was to follow up with your questions to Adam to see what he knew about the bike...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: