Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB7 Oronero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
byza

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: DB7 Oronero Reply with quote

Hi there

I find myself in a bit of a quandary. I have been looking for sometime to get another bike and have been looking at Ducati’s until I came across a lovely DB7 Oronero!

My knowledge of Bimoto is quite limited really although I must say I am intrigued somewhat by the brand and at least this particular model I found. It is something a little different and what impressed me the most was the attention to detail.... the side stand alone was a work of art!!! Forget the rest of what I saw but everywhere was delicious... I’m on the hook...

The one I found is asking $30000... 13000kms

What are the peril pitfalls with brand / model. I’m assuming parts are hard to come by. They seem expensive and I wonder if I’ll ever be able to sell it on (if in fact I ever do). Whats the allure guys for you?

Your knowledge in advance and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kindly

B
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts should not really be that expensive.
Bimota Classic Parts is amazing to deal with.

The only thing I fear with any of my bikes is bodywork damage. That can be expensive and time consuming to address.

Selling the bike on will be hit or miss.
These are ultra rare machines. But even with low supply, demand isnt that high. Seems buyers are just as rare as the bikes themselves. This is a shame as the bikes offer an amazing ownership experience for not a lot of money (over other examples in the class)

Here in the states I see Ducati 1098Rs listed for $20k.
Last DB7 I saw was only a couple of grand more.
Seemed like a deal to me.
fish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I know the owner of onero and can say the bike is well looked after
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: DB7 Oronero Reply with quote

byza wrote:
Hi there

I find myself in a bit of a quandary. I have been looking for sometime to get another bike and have been looking at Ducati’s until I came across a lovely DB7 Oronero!

My knowledge of Bimoto is quite limited really

B

I’m hoping this is a typo otherwise you need to brush up on your BIMOTA knowledge a little.

Do some research on the DB7 Oro and in particular the one you are looking at because it sounds VERY cheap, especially if that NZ$.

Welcome to the forum.

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: DB7 Oronero Reply with quote

brian wrote:
byza wrote:
Hi there

My knowledge of Bimoto is quite limited really

B

I’m hoping this is a typo otherwise you need to brush up on your BIMOTA knowledge a little.

Do some research on the DB7 Oro and in particular the one you are looking at because it sounds VERY cheap, especially if that NZ$.

Welcome to the forum.

How did he find this site if he cant spell Bimota correctly?....and its not like A and O are close on the keyboard...teehee....

Youre asking on a Bimota Forum.....so of course go for it....if not for its rarity and beauty..(They only made 10 DB8 Oro NEros.....yes...just 10).but the fact that when tested it was rated better than a Troy Bayliss Rep 1098....that actually had the 1198 engine in it...Cycle WOrld have a review on-line

See further here....all that you need to know....Parts?...Just dont crash it....it is...still....the only ...ever...produced Motorbike with a carbon fibre frame and swinging arm.....no one else has ever done it

http://bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=55278&sid=7feeb9fff6ba545fd29b69691ec1c047

https://www.cycleworld.com/2010/05/17/first-ride-bimota-db7-oronero/
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are great bikes and that does look very cheap at that price, although the one on bike sales Asutralia that's brand new with all the extra bits would be a better buy in my opinion (trying to convince myself i don't need two)

They are very capable bike, easy for longer distances and make you feel million dollars when riding, they also encourage you to act like a hooligan Smile
byza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much guys for the replies... BIMOTA.. sorry for any offence caused ???? I made myself write it out a hundred times. I have enjoyed going through the forum.

From what I’m seeing online , and there’s not much, that price does seem low. What’s the catch I guess! The bike in question seems very clean on cursory inspection. I need to ask more questions of the seller.

For my part I like it’s looks and attention to detail. It’s also very unique. When we turned the bike on its dash was searching for GPS signal. What is this used for exactly (I can’t imagine there is any navigation function). I take there is no traction control or even abs.

Cheers B
byza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much guys for the replies... BIMOTA.. sorry for any offence caused. I made myself write it out a hundred times. I have enjoyed going through the forum.

From what I’m seeing online , and there’s not much, that price does seem low. What’s the catch I guess! The bike in question seems very clean on cursory inspection. I need to ask more questions of the seller.

For my part I like it’s looks and attention to detail. It’s also very unique. When we turned the bike on its dash was searching for GPS signal. What is this used for exactly (I can’t imagine there is any navigation function). I take there is no traction control or even abs.

Cheers B
byza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, another question. I was looking everywhere on the frame for its stamp so I could see what production number it was but couldn’t find anywhere. Where have they hidden that plate?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you've finished writing out your 100 lines by now.....the main offence in getting it incorrect is that its an anacronym of the first 2 letters of the founders....Bianchi....BI.......Morri....MO....and Tamburini ...TA....of Ducati and Cagiva and MV Agusta fame

GPS....presumably its an AIM LCD dash in grey/black.....in the rear seat hump theres a GPS sender tracker unit......linked to the dash.....loaded into the dash is all of North America and Europe Race circuits for you to take the bike to and track your progress around it.........

Bike may have a slipper mechanical clutch....thats all the gizmos you get....Zero ABS...ZERO wheelie or traction control and manual suspension changes only....Old Skool...where its up to the rider to define his ability and the road conditions and NOT some wizard box of tricks....

No Metal frame plate....as it would have to be drilled into the carbon fibre frame and weaken it.....there should be a frame sticker on the LHS Frame plate where the left side footpeg and gear change is....

I have a 6 or 7 page review of the Oro NEro that tells you more....so PM me an email address and I'll foreward it on
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byza wrote:
Thanks very much guys for the replies... BIMOTA.. sorry for any offence caused. I made myself write it out a hundred times. I have enjoyed going through the forum.

Hi byza,

No offence taken Very Happy

Regarding price.... yes as I said earlier, it does seem very cheap. I would speak with the seller and get more information. It could simply be that he needs to sell the bike quickly. 30k is still a lot of money and the right buyer for high end motorcycles can be difficult to find.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
djt77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vin number will be etched into the frame on the metal section. Feel free to send me a PM if want to know a bit more including if its a certain frame as one did get written off in Australia.

I've done around 40,000km on standard and Oro versions of the DB7 so know them quite well.
byza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: