Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

VDue Gauge Cluster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucasJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject: VDue Gauge Cluster Reply with quote

Selling VDue digital gauges that mistakenly came on a Santa Monica I recently bought. Selling to recover some of the pain I’m feeling from sourcing a new Santa Monica Gauge Cluster + ECU.

They plug into the bike perfectly fine, the dash functions and has 3,248 miles on the clock. It just obviously doesn’t have an SB8K ECU built into it, so they are useless to me.

Exterior shell is OK, could use a refresh and has some marks but nothing too bad.

PM me if interested, I’d like to share pictures and make sure we’re on the same page.

Thanks!

Last edited by LucasJ on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
trev45

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What where you wanting for it ?

Cheers Trev
LucasJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Trev,

Send me a PM with an offer - I’m new to the Bimota world and haven’t evaluated a fair price on these things. The closer to covering the SM gauges, the better obviously for me.

Send me your email and I’ll send pics too. We’ll go through the situation and make sure we are both comfortable with the function of the gauges. I only know what I know based on function as plugged into the SM.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lucas....if you bought the Santa Clocks and ECU in them from Laura135 on ebay in GErmany....then Wow....as I know they were over 15oo euros....You'll find Trevor is cheap as chips and may offer you a smartie tube...Empty....and maybe $2....He's wasted lots of my time with cheap lowball offers over time so I dont want you to get your hopes up...
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what they are really worth.
Could they be made to work on a VDue?

Or are they relegated to "garage art" status?
LucasJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims - No offers yet - We'll see what comes of it. I have no problem hooking up a 12V and making colorful wall art.. That's not an issue for me. The SM gauges are crazy expensive and the ones on Ebay are actually the lesser of the 2 (well below MSRP at the time, unfortunately) and are brand new. It's a tough pill to swallow but with these things being so rare, it's fairly expected. I justify it by remembering how much a modern Ducati service will run you.. If you buy a nice bike and actually ride it, it'll cost about the same for belts/valves and all the other shenanigans that go with it. Fork seals alone could run $800 on a modern Duc. Probably comparable prices to a Ducati ECU as well. Does it hurt though? Oh man....

Jaguar - The VDUE digital gauges have a redline at 11K and use the same lower electrical plugs as used on the SM. I wouldn't know what it would take to adapt these to an older model.

Again, I'm far from being a Bimota expert, so I'm relying on the knowledge of those around me and the buyer him/herself. In this case, a good Samaritan identified the differences and matched the gauges to the VDUE. I found what I could to identify the same gauges online for my own knowledge and had the idea to post them for sale. Of course, no part numbers to be found.

For those interested, check out the link below. These are the exact gauges I have (visually). Of course, I'd want the buyer to have 100% confidence prior to making a transaction.

https://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/post/2015/09/09/sold-bimota-500-v-due-trofeo

Last edited by LucasJ on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
LucasJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when piero of vdue fame....bought the company...re engineered some 300 vdues to carbies....the same clocks were some 2500 when he had a few left....all safly gone now......let's are a common regular fail....but we just ignore the odd out bulb.....pull the clocks apart....its a ruddy nightmare of circuit boards and other junk i know nothing about in there...i quickly sealed mine up again before I broke anything
LucasJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip - I did end up opening the case to make sure there weren’t any obvious signs of damage. I was also curious about the seal as I had read a segment on them previously (I think on this forum) and to my surprise, it was clean as a whistle in there. Everything in tip top shape and clean enough to eat off of. Screws didn’t have signs of previous tool marks either. I do see why we shouldn’t wash these things.
trev45

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Cheers Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: