Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota tool kits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djk

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Bimota tool kits Reply with quote

Just a curious question about tool kits. I have had 4 Bimotas(YB11, SB7, SB8RS and DB4) and i have only seen one tool kit. Did they come with every bike or are they a rare thing for this generation of Bimotas?
brian

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SB6 and DB2J came with their original tool kits.

DB2 Junior tool kit

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
djk

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Brian, my DB4 was the one that came with the kit and when i took of the seat for the first time i got a surprise to see it.
brian

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
Cheers Brian, my DB4 was the one that came with the kit and when i took of the seat for the first time i got a surprise to see it.

My DB4 didn’t come with its tool kit unfortunately. I was very surprised to find the tool kit in the seat hump of my DB2J! The pouch is very banged up as though it’s been bouncing around in there for the whole life of the bike Laughing. I’ve since found a new Bimota tool pouch
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the tool kits were both minimal and not exactly inspiring. (Even if you did get the duster and rag?). The eccentric adjuster is no good unless you have a socket to rotate it with so hardly useful for ‘on the road’ adjustments. It also seems to be the bit that rusts first! No ‘branded’ tools in the kit and the stiff plastic wallet is doomed to fail.
djk

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. The pouch on mine is in very good condition but that wasn't surprising given the fact that the bike had only done 1800-ish kms when i got it. If i go for a ride i think i'd put it in my backpack versus the seat hump as i could see it bouncing around in there.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of my bikes came with the tool kits....Db5R and Db6R.....and the cases are "upgraded" from the plastic ones....being of a tougher Nylon material with edged seams in braiding....strange though...as theres no where to put the tool kit on either bike to carry it with you.

All of the Spare PArts Manuals "show" the toolkit that came with each bike....and its tools...including specific ones to turn the eccentric on DB1/2 and early YB series....and if it had ohlins on it...a ring spanner to change the preload also....

On bikes I carry tool kits....I have cut and fitted sized rubber mats to the "tool compartments"....so that things aren't bouncing around so much

Leather or PVC key fobs....the Bimota bike cover and rear packing crate stand are always always shown in spare parts manuals also....But....things can go astray....or....a buyer chips the seller on the price...and such "gems" are retained by the previous owner and not handed over....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Unfortunately the tool kits were both minimal and not exactly inspiring. (Even if you did get the duster and rag?). The eccentric adjuster is no good unless you have a socket to rotate it with so hardly useful for ‘on the road’ adjustments. It also seems to be the bit that rusts first! No ‘branded’ tools in the kit and the stiff plastic wallet is doomed to fail.

Nice to see you've got nothing but good things to say about them Lambie .....Duster and Rag was later models...DB5 onwards.....better casing also....TBF though.....it would have been nice to see the Bimota logo on at least one of the tools...but also no....I think they never expected owners to be fiddling with their own bikes....or talking about the quality of the kits some 15-20-30 years down the line.....The rear packing crate stands that go thru the hollow spindles are a great bonus though.....far easier and sturdier to use than a normal paddock stand Laughing
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll agree with that, the bikes are very stable when the crate stand is fitted ; ideal for longer term garage storage (or Manchester 2021 exhibitions Wink )
phil-short

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the ultimate Bimota Toolkit Tool.....

On my yb9 ithis little key opens the seat unit tailpiece where you find the toolkit.....

like hens teeth I tells ya.....

Although Giroti Paolo will probably be along soon to say he has just found 50 of them somewhere !!

https://imgur.com/RkB6v3O

250GTLusso

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a factory tool kit for the SB2 and the KB2?
1983 Bimota KB2 Laser S 00138
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: