Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1994 DB2 Tri-Colore for Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallaman

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: 1994 DB2 Tri-Colore for Sale Reply with quote

Well my back finally gave up. Going in for some work on it shortly. Can't ride the DB2 anymore and probably not for a while to come. So, sadly, it's for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202984860114
It's been fun.
Chuck S.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: DB2 Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your back Chuck - hope they sort it out for you. Very pretty bike and some lovely parts on it - billet callipers & masters and Lightech carbon mirrors, that you can’t buy anymore, at least not with the small fixing that the Bims need. Good luck with the sale and hold out for the top dollar it deserves.
wallaman

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonny,
Appreciate the thoughts. Of all the Bimotas, the DB2 is my favorite! Just right. You can see the beautiful frame even with the beautiful bodywork, simple air cooled engine, light weight and handles great, no "electronics" to get in the way! I will miss just having it in the garage! But to just sit there doesn't do it justice. Hope it finds a good home.

Thanks.
Chuck S.
brian

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your back mate. Your DB2 is gorgeous, not sure that I’d be able to sell it. I totally agree with jonny’s comments.

Good luck with the sale and good luck with the surgery
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1994 DB2 Tri-Colore for Sale Reply with quote

wallaman wrote:
Well my back finally gave up. Going in for some work on it shortly. Can't ride the DB2 anymore and probably not for a while to come. So, sadly, it's for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202984860114
It's been fun.
Chuck S.

Nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

A guy on Uk Bimota Facebook has popped up enquiring about that very bike....sad to see it possibly go.....you've got all the pieces and booklets and stand and keys etc...like we all like to acquire to "complete" the package....My DB2 I decided many years ago would be the last Bimota I ever own...if and when I'm down to just one....and...even if I didn't ride it....but for now...I do ride it....I suppose to would be frustrating to have it...but not be physically able to ride it...a bit like being a eunuch in a brothel....really no point in being there....would be frustrating
wallaman

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1994 DB2 Tri-Colore for Sale Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

A guy on Uk Bimota Facebook has popped up enquiring about that very bike....sad to see it possibly go.....you've got all the pieces and booklets and stand and keys etc...like we all like to acquire to "complete" the package....My DB2 I decided many years ago would be the last Bimota I ever own...if and when I'm down to just one....and...even if I didn't ride it....but for now...I do ride it....I suppose to would be frustrating to have it...but not be physically able to ride it...a bit like being a eunuch in a brothel....really no point in being there....would be frustrating

Steve,
Appreciate the comments. Been contemplating this sale for a while as my "condition" got worse and I get older. I've reached the point now where if I ride the DB2 for more than a few minutes, I'm not sure if my left leg will hold when I put it down for a stop. (That doesn't happen when I ride a bike with a more upright riding position.) That and getting a bit older make "thinning" the collection something that just needs to happen.

While my DB2 isn't as pristine as yours or some of the other members' bikes, it's just as I like them: a bike with enough miles on it that it can be ridden and enjoyed without worry, but "correct" enough and well taken care enough that it not only looks good but runs better. I lusted after this one for a while and it took some time for me to get it "just right". I'd like to think that I was a good "caretaker". LOL! Guess the next owner will get the benefit of that Smile

While I'm here, I'd like to thank you and all the other folks who make this board work. While I don't contribute very often, I enjoy the banter and appreciate the occasional help everyone is so willing to provide.

Ride safe!
Chuck S.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the DB2 is No longer available".....My DB2 is far from showroom perfect...hasn't been repainted in over 24 years....showing all the gel cracks you can imagine from being ridden and fairing removed and refitted etc etc...OK...fresh powder coat to frame swinging arm and a few clean ups....wheels were 10 years ago repainted and new bearings...when I first got her....and got her running...how time flies....>dont use your left leg....put your right leg down....I do anyhow as that way I can slip it into neutral and rest my clutch hand...and be ready to knock it into gear when I want to set off
wallaman

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, took a deposit this morning.... All should be done by the end of the week! I'll make sure to send the new owner this way as long as you all promise to be nice! LOL!
brian

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallaman wrote:
Well, took a deposit this morning.... All should be done by the end of the week! I'll make sure to send the new owner this way as long as you all promise to be nice! LOL!

Congrats and commiserations on the sale Chuck. At least it was quick if not painless. You still have Bimotas so don’t be a stranger to the forum Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallaman wrote:

thoughts as per Brian also

Be sure to send him this way....and we'll try to be nice.....I'll try and sell him a pair of fixed footpegs to replace those ugly US spec folding ones......Hopefully when the bloke turns up he doesnt try to chip you....and the bits you've collected can go with the bike....seemed like a quick and easy sell....so market still bouyant in the states?

A dealer near me has had a factory fresh and stock red white DB2 with low miles in for a year now....only asking £7500....but would take £6500 with no service or warranty....but it still hasn't sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: