Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

EICMA 2019......my part in the SHOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....Seeing as Gav likes to get me drunk....or...likes to get drunk but not be alone in doing so...I've never quite figured which....And....seeing as we were due to re-visit Il Dollaro…..and perchance meet up with these 3 ladies again...I say "meet-up"....they were paid to be there...as thats their job...it was unfortunate that they were there once again as a trio the next time we visited

So...the lovely Italian ladies that help us through menus....get something cooked up that "we'll like" when whats on the menu we dont like...or understand....and help gav mix up his lethal brews

Here they are again

Kind of hard to see...if you weren't there....but the little lady in the middle is exactly that.....petite...but perfectly formed......So

And I wait 5 months for this....we revisited...Gav got me drunk...again....and this time PROPERLY so....SO much so...that the next day....he came to find me as I had disappeared for over an hour whilst I left him to his own devices.....Dont go swimming in deep waters if youre with gav….he waits a full hour before he notices youre missing...well...I was just staying outside in fresh air so I didn't hurl all over someones fine Italian Carrera marble flooring....

Anyhow...we were....Once again...leaving the fine establishment of Il Dollaro….and once again...I was pie-eyed and heavy tipping the lovely ladies for once again putting up with us and our complete lack of the Italian language....and once again...I asked them for a photo....with a difference....once again the diminutive lass was to be held aloft to match or better the height of her work colleagues....But....and be afraid...be very afraid...Me and gav were going to assist and be present in the picture....Gav hates his picture being taken perhaps even as much as myself....we dont buy beautiful bikes to "match" our looks.....

And so....and yes...Once again...the faces have been disguised to protect the innocent.....I had a choice of 3 pictures some kind Italian gent took for us....this one though....has our feet and the ground pictured within it....

I do hope those ladies are well...as with all Italians...and that we can reacquaint all and sundry once more

I leave you...until tomorrow...with one last picture

stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, good.......
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....the Show....Bikes...babes and more....and the decision....If Carlsberg did motorbike Shows...this is how they would be....and how they all should be...everything in the UK I've ever been to before is not 10% of the way they do such things in Italy....either in scale, size, grandiose styling etc etc.....One day from 8-6pm is NOT enough.....miles walked are immense....buildings are immense.....set up of the dealers is immense...the structures they build for this 6 day event are immense and impressive...although "trip hazards" abound everywhere....Safety police would have a field day.....not a greasey foul burger bar in sight...nor any "random mixed pulp contents" hot dog...just fresh foods...and great prices....and everywhere.....no queues for nothing.....no feeling raped....no fighting for chairs to sit on....the entire place is some 12 exhibition Halls flanked 6 in a row either side of a covered outside walkway....with food outlets all along it....of a 1000 varieties....12 walkways outside inbetween the halls...food outlets in the halls...toilets abound and are routinely scrubbed....each hall even has a "tabac" outlet selling fags and sweets and postcards....never seen that before....If youre into bikes.....promise yourself you'll go at least once in your life....and you'll never pay to go to any other bike show anywhere.....THey even open late until 10pm on a Friday when its "Ladies Day"...and all women get in for free....Wow..."free".....

Reinvented Ago Agusta….with modern MV agusta 800 engine....lush and lovely...I'd have one of these

2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok folks...its been a while to "upload" pictures in that Much time spent honoured tradition.....as it is on here to do so....but heck...at least the images are Big and Sharp....and here to stay and view on any given minute, hour or day of the year and hereinafter...unlike "some" more modern platforms of "here today gone tomorrow" I wont mention

Old skool.....keep your eyes open for a stripped down Chrome moly framed bike with no clothes on the Kawasaki stand....it could almost be a modern day DB1 with its naked lines....and would ONLY look good with full encompassing all over bodywork...look at it closely....its a "hybrid"....electric and petrol engine.....Dem boys at Kawasaki eh? going their own way as always...like their style....I just hope they make it and resurrect the Db1....it seem to be set up for it to be so????

Enjoy

I liked this....a mock up by Ducati of their scrambler with "cagiva elefant" looks.....yup...I could see an everyday run around of one of these stickered up as a Lucky Strike/Explorer finding its way into my garage...proper 21inch and 17 inch rims and ohlins also

2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobacco advertising....now so wrong....but it was so "right" on motorbikes....lush

Could this be a reborne "DB1? Bimota??….KB4 hybrid?

Brough.....Attendance on the stand..."By Appointment Only".....we didn't have one....Boooooo/….get it sorted for next year gav,,,,

I need a Hero!

Aston MArtin

Cake....let them eat cake....I'd ride this for giggles....Has to be...the LARGEST rear sprocket I've ever seen on anything with two wheels...put my lardy ass on the back of this and I'd be mon-cycling all day long....ruddy front tyre would never wear out except for passing wind resistance

Rossi...he was there on one of the days...as were Markie and Lozzer….As I like to call them when out for drinks and giggles with them

My favourite lady of the event....but still didn't eclipse "half pint" ...the cocktail maker of the "Full pints" that gav had her make up

2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll close by giving a big Thumbs up to gav the driver and compatriate/colleague....he's not big on the word "friend"....I think he favours Fiend.....but thanks....mostly for putting up with me...his tolerance levels and dryness are immeasurable....It was "emotional"....

From the driving, to the organisation of booking everything and getting us there and back safely...pints of cocktails aside....for putting up with my intolerable constant snapping away of ladies and bikes....he was already operating Full on "safe distancing" from me of lengths and distances far beyond those currently prescribed...and who would blame him.....I've spent quite a few years working and living overseas in countries I hadn't even heard of previously...let alone had travelled to....."shame" has no valid entry in my dictionary or life...apologies if and when any entry or words are offensive....I'm old skool....But not Jimmy Saville Old school....I did once visit a Black and White Minstrels show with my door departed Gran...who longed to go and see them...I must have been knee high to our favourite cocktail waitress....I remember being in the cheap seats or "nosebleeds" section as they call it...and using the little tiny binoculars chained to the seats in front by some 3 short links....you literally had to lean your chin on the backrest of the seat infront to be able to use them....I tried...I viewed....during the "oh Mammy" song with big white gloved hands a plenty...I saw lots of white folk wearing Boot polish on their faces...I didn't "get it then"...I still dont...but I was there...some 50 years ago...wow...half a century....And I still like Jam and marmalade from a certain manufacturer.....Alas my Golliwog Badge collection is no more...but yes...I used to soak the lables off the jam jar and post them off with a SAE...and wait patiently for my new "badge" to arrive in the post....that was like Xmas to me.....but when your pocket money is only 2p a week to go and buy 4 Fruit Salads and 4 MoJos….Anything "free" is a bonus...a mantra I still enjoy today.....MooooooooJooooooooo

Some closing images of a place in Italy we stumbled upon and just HAD to stop and view...and have a fag break....large white jaded villa owned by a friend of friend...who also owns the private church....which is opened just once a month....Hopefully I will be back..."we" will be back....and we will attend and pay our respects to the dead.....Italy is very respectful of the dead....the best kept cemeteries I have ever seen...perhaps with Peru being 2nd …..my thoughts are with Italy....and those in it that make Italy what it is...and others around the world...never forget those around you....and God speed...or whom/whatsoever created all this around us...we all come out of it safely...and more respectful and tolerant of one another...I long for some Humanity within the Human Race

Just like with Italy...and Bimota....hopefully ...we'll all continue....The End....

Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one final thing from me

As 2Bims went round taking photos and getting as many stickers as possible

I continued my chat with the Japanese and MariaElena.

My thanks goes out to all I met and who have helped over the years and I look forward to Bimotas new future

The eagle eyed out there ....will note the new era logo....marking the new company

In 2Bims last photo.......it is the new logo.....as before but with a square dot above the I not the old round dot

MariaElena indicated there was a old Bimota single model left over in the transition....it is unfinished and still has modelling clay on it....a prototype never finished in the styling room

Who knows........I may explore further....I love a prototype and I know a Road Trip Buddy

Regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also....you'll note the Bauhaus font letters are no longer joined up and touching....and in the "b" logo where the stick of the "b" finished flush to the top of the circle of the b....the top of the circle goes above and higher than the "stick" of the b......why? because new Bimota doesnt own the license for the old Bimota logos....the font though...Bauhaus 93....is an established font and can be used and isn't subject to copyright
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I haven’t been on the forum for a few days and I now find myself in overload. Many nice photos and good stories from both 2bims and Gav. I’m too tired to absorb all of the photos and will need to re-read the text.

I prefer the gollywogs to rolf and gary. Both had great careers until they were caught putting their hands where grown men’s hands don’t belong.. Nuff said.

Looks like the girls looked after you pair of rogues well enough with regard to food and drink. I’m glad you tipped them well.

I’ll have to revisit this post
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
djt77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking read and picture, both of you, sounds like a great little adventure.

Do you know any more details on the prototype Gavin? Is it a whole new model or an update on one of the models?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the original Clay model...still with clay....for the Tesi 3D café racer....but only in half clay....then it was computer 3D modelled and photographed....to resin 3D print the petrol tank and seat unit and the flip side "replicated" to match the half clay model.....Needs a LOT of work though
djt77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info 2Bims I bet there is someone out there who fancies a challenge now and then..... Smile

In your dealing with the factory contacts did you ever hear if there was ever an SB9 that made it to the drawing board? little of topic but wonder how many test bed designs there have been that have never seen the light of day and slipped away like the DB11 VLX (fortunately that's been saved), possibly subject of a new topic
CNC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great to meet up with both of you in Eicma! Genuine surprise to see 2Bims in packed full Bimota stand after the press conference. From the pictures looks like time and money well spent Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of has me worried now 2bims, if I ever find myself in blighty and go out with you chaps, I’ll be hoisted up for all of the photos like the petite girl in the centre of your photos. I would probably be a good match for her height wise 🤔
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve gotta say..... the Tesi 1D still looks fantastic, even lined up amongst all of the other beautiful ‘modern’ motorcycles here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: